• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I went by my local gun store to get a box of 308 for some yote poachin out at the farm this weekend. A guy and his wife/gf whatever were in the store and he was looking at pistols. I went to the counter to look at a HB 700. While standing there the guy ask to see a full size 1911. He then drops the slide points it at his wife/gf and dry fires it. Says something like "bet you won't mouth off anymore". Some people who can and will buy and carry guns scare the hell out of me.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    eternal-facepalm-eternal-facepalm-facepalm-captain-pickard-demotivational-poster-1242264259.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't care how bad the shop needs the money or the clerk needed the sale. They should have tossed him out the door and advised him that they do not do business with irresponsible gun owners.

Yes, they would most likely have lost his business and some of his friends but, after seeing that, most others in the store would have gained respect for the store, talked about it, and possibly even given them more business.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just another good reason to go armed, so that you can return fire.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I went by my local gun store to get a box of 308 for some yote poachin out at the farm this weekend. A guy and his wife/gf whatever were in the store and he was looking at pistols. I went to the counter to look at a HB 700. While standing there the guy ask to see a full size 1911. He then drops the slide points it at his wife/gf and dry fires it. Says something like "bet you won't mouth off anymore". Some people who can and will buy and carry guns scare the hell out of me.

hell yes that's scary! you should never drop the slide on an empty 1911; it can seriously mess up the gun.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I don't care how bad the shop needs the money or the clerk needed the sale. They should have tossed him out the door and advised him that they do not do business with [strike]irresponsible gun owners.[/strike] CRIMINALS.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Just another good reason to go armed, so that you can return fire.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

and ^^^ THIS ^^^

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    I agree toss him out , even if he had not pointed it at anyone . Mistreating a 1911 thats just wrong . I could understand if it were a glock :): END OF DISCUSSION !!!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

How did the store clerks respond???

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I hope that I am never in this situation, but if it was me, I would of drawn down on the guy. (keep in mind I only go in stores that allow me to carry!)

Top Bottom