• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Can someone describe end shake. to check for end shake which apparently isn't desirable a person would , make sure it's unloaded, pull the hammer back and while pulling the trigger gently let the hammer forward to stop and while still holding the trigger back then try to wiggle the cylinder back and forward?

Thanks for the help.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I don't know about the hammer/trigger thing. What you are describing sounds more like a timing/lock test.

End shake tolerances vary from brand to brand but usually .002 is the number for difference.

Start with feeler gauges, push the cylinder forward and measure between the cylinder and barrel. Next push the cylinder back and repeat the measuring process with your gauges. If it's a smith, .002 is maximum, more than that you may need to shim.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Can someone describe end shake. to check for end shake which apparently isn't desirable a person would , make sure it's unloaded, pull the hammer back and while pulling the trigger gently let the hammer forward to stop and while still holding the trigger back then try to wiggle the cylinder back and forward?

Thanks for the help.
    Isn't it also something that Corey Redding does sometimes in the neutral zone?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I no longer have my Kunhausen S&W Manual (someone stole it) but I believe you should place some cases in the chambers to check for endshake unless the cylinder has counterbored chambers for the rims to set in.

Top Bottom