• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I enjoy shooting the BHP. I had a surplus one a few years and I sold it off (I have no regrets). I then came across a Detective M95. I put a few rounds through it (my LGS lets customers shoot their used handguns). I thought about buying it, but then it was stolen with a batch of other handguns during a burglary. A little while ago the same shop had another with a target rear sight and front sight. It is on lay away now.

I feel that the BHP is one of the few guns where quality has not gone down over the years. Some people feel that today's Sigs are not of the same quality as West German ones. Others feel that a prelock Smith is a lot better than a modern MIM one with the keylock. I have not heard of a lot of bashing towards the modern day BHP. Seems they have been doing something right

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Marketing ploy ! Get ready for the parade of commemoratives and flashback runs at inflated prices !
    Sorry, not going to happen. FN actually removed the production line and it's tooling long ago. Everything sold in the last 1+ year has supposedly been assembled from on hand parts, and that in Portugal. Another victim of poor taste and disposable economics. [And poor trigger pull from the infernal magazine safety didn't help]

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    [And poor trigger pull from the infernal magazine safety didn't help]

Yeah... the "magazine safety" has been removed from all of mine. The triggers have been polished and "lightened" on all of mine as well, but that's about every firearm I own.... A good trigger can ruin you for the factory stuff! ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom