• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I switch between several 1911s, both full-size (plus threads, even...) and commander, both lightweight and steel, and once they're in the holster and on the belt, I really can't even tell the difference. Seriously, if you have a decent belt and holster and can still feel... oh, say one pound of difference, you need to HTFU.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You sound like a couple of old women. We're not talking about carrying a purse, we're talking about a BELT. That sits on your WAIST.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I trade you. You Bulged Disk for my inch + of compression... ;)

My bulged disk comes with an L4-S1 fusion. :(

You sound like a couple of old women. We're not talking about carrying a purse, we're talking about a BELT. That sits on your WAIST.

Sonny...you got something against old women. It all ends up on the waist...and every pound adds up. <-I had to set down my double cheeseburger to type that.

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    With my good heavy 1 3/4" leather belt and don hume holster I don't mind the weight of it at all... I also carry on my belt two extra clips, knife, and a small leatherman.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I carry my 1911 IWB holster, no belt an fits an feels good at about 3:30, just got to make sure the pants aren't too loose...lol...stays close up against you an loose shirt an its perfect CC. I carry hammer down this way though....here comes the hate???:popcorn:

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    What i can't figure out is why everyone feels obligated to give an answer when some random person hits you with "Are you carrying a gun" out of the blue.

If I'm doing what I call "CC lite", as in shirt pulled down over a OWB holster and printing, I'm not answering crap until I see a badge.

"Are you carrying a gun?"

"Do you SEE a gun??"

"Well, no, but....."

"There's your answer."

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    What i can't figure out is why everyone feels obligated to give an answer when some random person hits you with "Are you carrying a gun" out of the blue.

If I'm doing what I call "CC lite", as in shirt pulled down over a OWB holster and printing, I'm not answering crap until I see a badge.

"Are you carrying a gun?"

"Do you SEE a gun??"

"Well, no, but....."

"There's your answer."
    My take, YMMV.

Trying to be polite, and show that responsible gun owners are not a bunch of jack wagons. Some of us are (can be) civil and speak to other humans without wanting to shoot them. Of course this can vary from day to day.

Myself, I have no problem answering a simple question, but if they start in with their crap then I have the choice to ignore them-walk away-or tell them exactly how I feel about my rights. :twocents:

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Most old timers can be a pain about those things.. I catch slack from the local old farts (excuse my insult, it was directed completely to the older gentlemen i'm talkin about) at the isaac walton league for just comin out and shootin and not participating in league activities. Way I figure it I pay my dues to shoot and that will be all i'm doing out there.. I told the old man those exact words. He didn't like it much. No ones ever questioned me on carrying my gun but if that day comes I hope its as good as an encounter as yours friend.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Its good to see that not everyone is like this: "OH MY GOD WTFWTWFFT YOU HAVE A GUN AHHHH YOU ARE THE DEVIL" Sorry about caps.... thought it would get the point across a little better!

dcampbell86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Muncie
    +1 for carrying a full-size 1911.

I agree and understand how hard it is to carry a full size 1911. I carry mine IWB and it is still difficult. But I guess I don't fully think that it is going to be concealed anyways. I have been surprised how many people I run into that are just curious about it.

Top Bottom