• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That law hurt me when I worked at Lilly. Prior to the saw, I could keep it in my car and only be in violation of their Red Book.

After the law, it made it illegal to do so.

Heh, now it's irrelevant as I work on a military installation.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    In my new business I plan on requring my employees to open carry at all times while at work!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    In my new business I plan on requring my employees to open carry at all times while at work!

What kind of business is that and would you really refuse employment to an otherwise well qualified applicant because they choose not to carry?

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    My manager has talked to me about it, based on the fact that I have gun photos all over my facebook. Basically he said he has to allow it in my vehicle, but if its ever in the building, on or off the clock, I'm fired. And I accept that.
    I have had to walk back to my car multiple times as I walk into the building though.... Nametag, cellphone, wallet, keys, no handgu..... Be right back.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My manager has talked to me about it, based on the fact that I have gun photos all over my facebook. Basically he said he has to allow it in my vehicle, but if its ever in the building, on or off the clock, I'm fired. And I accept that.
    I have had to walk back to my car multiple times as I walk into the building though.... Nametag, cellphone, wallet, keys, no handgu..... Be right back.

This is one reason no one at my current store is on my FaceBook. They do know I own/carry and assume I leave it in the truck. And they would be correct :cool:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That law hurt me when I worked at Lilly. Prior to the saw, I could keep it in my car and only be in violation of their Red Book.

After the law, it made it illegal to do so.

Unless your referring to a different law, it didn't make it illegal for you. Just let them keep the restriction on their book. Same for colleges and public utilities.

bigcat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Beech Grove, Indiana
    The company that I work for does not allow firearms on the property at all or in the trucks,but I think I would rather get fired and live to see my family again than get killed,as long as you have a CDL you can find a job any where:cool:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    My employer actually encouraged me and a fellow co-worker to carry at work. He is a gun owner himself, and while he doesn't carry at work he realizes that we handle a "robbable" amount of currency at all times and respected our wishes to protect ourselves. His only request was "try not to hit the glass, that sh*ts expensive." :)

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Unless your referring to a different law, it didn't make it illegal for you. Just let them keep the restriction on their book. Same for colleges and public utilities.

In the case of Lilly's this is not so. Lilly sought and received special dispensation from Homeland and their property is excluded from the law in the guise of National Security.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom