• Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    0817091503a.jpg

Liberty @ 10 weeks

Really crappy cell picture but I don't feel like pulling the flash drive out right now.

Pretty pup!

My little :poop:head is a 3 1/2 month old GSD that's already over 40 lbs.:n00b:

After I get him fully trained to my expectations, I want to get a blue Pit. I think they are one of the prettiest dogs and THE cutest puppies I've ever seen...I figured after Leonidas is around 2 years old, he'll be able to help me train the Pit pup I want to get...All I know is GSDs, so training another breed may be different.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Pretty pup!

My little :poop:head is a 3 1/2 month old GSD that's already over 40 lbs.:n00b:

After I get him fully trained to my expectations, I want to get a blue Pit. I think they are one of the prettiest dogs and THE cutest puppies I've ever seen...I figured after Leonidas is around 2 years old, he'll be able to help me train the Pit pup I want to get...All I know is GSDs, so training another breed may be different.

The Lil Rascals had a Blue Nose.....:)

She is a Red Nose!! I was able to find her father and already knew where the mother was, she is actually part of the Old Family Rednose Pit line, brought over from Ireland. Her previous owner received probation and a nice fine and part of his deal was giving up information on the breeder.

The breeder is actually a reputable breeder out of North Carolina, he looked as if he was going to puke when he was shown the pictured of her mother and the her and her siblings. Her mother was purchased from him in 2007 and then breed to one of his males in early 2009. Liberty was born sometime in the second week of June.

There are three distinct breeds, Bluenose is a cross between the Rednose and Blacknose. The Bluenose often have the most distinctive and attractive markings, somewhat smaller in size the the Rednose, yet slightly taller and larger then the Blacknose.

3 of her siblings made it and are now with permanent families, the 4th is still alive but only has use of 3 of his legs due to a damage caused during birth according to the vet's diagnoses. He is living permanently with a great guy and rescue foster parent by the name of Troy Avery in Soutern Illinois. He spends ost of his time being fat and happy on the front porch in the summer and in front of the fireplace in the winter. I tried to loan Troy the money for the operation to fix Gunner but he didn't want to risk the life of a happy and loving dog.

OH BTW Troy is an Operation Desert Storm vet who is also short one leg.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Wouldn't that go for any large, "alpha" breed?

IMO any large breed of dog that has aggressive tendencies can be grouped into that "dangerous" breed you are referring to.:twocents:

BTW, I'm sorry that happened to your cousin's wife.

oh absolutly! any large breed...actually any breed can be dangerous..they are animals after all.
    sorta off topic,but....I grew up with large "alpha" breed dogs. my mom raised a variety of breeds from pinchers to mastiffs and everything inbetween. she was a "foster parent" for the local HS and a vet tech for many years,her favorite dogs where large breed dogs.
    we never had a problem with any animal she brought home. when I moved out of my parents house I adopted a rotty/pit mix who was an aggressive dog,he hated other animals and was very food aggressive..my mom and I worked with him and he eventually settled down enough that we where able to introduce another dog into our home which was an english mastiff..I eventually had to put the rotty/pit mix down due to health problems/age. he went from an agressive dog to a giant lap dog with a little work. like they say there is no such thing as a bad dog...just bad owners.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Update we are on poop number 3 now...

A little bit ago she is sleeping on the couch next to me, she farted I wanted to die!!!!! She wakes up looks at her butt, looks at me like WTF was that you?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Relic sorry about your family!!

Your about 50% right, they are a powerful and if not handled and raised properly a dangerous breed because of the power they have.

I am only guessing here so if I am way off base sorry...

One of the dogs had a higher amount of loyalty to one of the victims in this case, unfortunately once nature kicks in it will take a bullet to stop an untrained pit who is attacking. I have to blame the owners and the breed in this case.

You are 100% correct that they do require special skills as an owner and trainer I agree. My pup can go from really rough play to full stop with a single word, she can also go from full out protection mode to calm and relaxed with one word, you have to work with this breed. They are very smart but they are stubborn and still have that animal instinct. They are still a realatively young breed as far as breeds are concerned and as a result of some BAD breeding practices do maintain some undesirable traits.

I have always had GSDs but several years ago I became involved with APBT rescue and if I need a work only dog it will be a GSD if I want a pet who will die protecting me if need and is a giant lap dog I will go with APBT.

Also an update on her health we went out a bit ago she peed again and had a very unpleasant BM. She is drinking a bit more then usual but otherwise seems healthy.:rockwoot:

you are rite on track to blame the owners in this case. but I guess you can say I was blind to how powerful pits are until I seen what they could do..and even though I grew up around these kinds of animals I am now a bit gun shy about this breed,and will most likely never own a pit...a bit silly I guess as this goes against everything Ive learned about dogs{ie: good owners=good dogs} but this incident with my cousin hit home...even though I say it was lack or proper training/owners who had no business owning a dog in the first place:dunno:
    you seem to be the type of person who can give a pit what it needs to grow up healthy and safe...I just wish all pit owners where like this.

and I am glad to see you dog is fine:rockwoot: kinda reminds of the time my mastiff ate 2dz choclate chip cookies..he got into the cabinet while we where gone and found em:dunno: poor thing looked so sick I couldnt get mad at him...my mom rushed over to my house and gave him some sort of laxative or something,dont recall what it was really just remember he had to poop alot..he spent the night outside that night:):

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

A little bit ago she is sleeping on the couch next to me, she farted I wanted to die!!!!! She wakes up looks at her butt, looks at me like WTF was that you?
    :laugh: gotta love a dog who wakes himself up with his own farts!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I am glad to see you dog is fine:rockwoot: kinda reminds of the time my mastiff ate 2dz choclate chip cookies..he got into the cabinet while we where gone and found em:dunno: poor thing looked so sick I couldnt get mad at him...my mom rushed over to my house and gave him some sort of laxative or something,dont recall what it was really just remember he had to poop alot..he spent the night outside that night:):

She won't spend the night outside but I have coffee brewing and I will be bouncing in and out of INGO all night, I do NOT want dog :poop: anywhere in my home, when she was a pup she :poop: in the house one time and it was between my bedroom and the bathroom so guess how I found it at 4 am.:xmad:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    She won't spend the night outside but I have coffee brewing and I will be bouncing in and out of INGO all night, I do NOT want dog :poop: anywhere in my home, when she was a pup she :poop: in the house one time and it was between my bedroom and the bathroom so guess how I found it at 4 am.:xmad:

:): steppin in dog doo first thing in the morning will wake you up faster than any coffee out there:laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The Lil Rascals had a Blue Nose.....:)

She is a Red Nose!!
    I was able to find her father and already knew where the mother was, she is actually part of the Old Family Rednose Pit line, brought over from Ireland. Her previous owner received probation and a nice fine and part of his deal was giving up information on the breeder.

The breeder is actually a reputable breeder out of North Carolina, he looked as if he was going to puke when he was shown the pictured of her mother and the her and her siblings. Her mother was purchased from him in 2007 and then breed to one of his males in early 2009. Liberty was born sometime in the second week of June.

There are three distinct breeds, Bluenose is a cross between the Rednose and Blacknose. The Bluenose often have the most distinctive and attractive markings, somewhat smaller in size the the Rednose, yet slightly taller and larger then the Blacknose.

3 of her siblings made it and are now with permanent families, the 4th is still alive but only has use of 3 of his legs due to a damage caused during birth according to the vet's diagnoses. He is living permanently with a great guy and rescue foster parent by the name of Troy Avery in Soutern Illinois. He spends ost of his time being fat and happy on the front porch in the summer and in front of the fireplace in the winter. I tried to loan Troy the money for the operation to fix Gunner but he didn't want to risk the life of a happy and loving dog.

OH BTW Troy is an Operation Desert Storm vet who is also short one leg.

I'm sorry, we had a misunderstanding due to my lack of knowledge concerning APBTs...I was thinking of this, when I was referring to a "blue" Pit(hence the color):

P1060793.jpg

oh absolutly! any large breed...actually any breed can be dangerous..they are animals after all.
    sorta off topic,but....I grew up with large "alpha" breed dogs. my mom raised a variety of breeds from pinchers to mastiffs and everything inbetween. she was a "foster parent" for the local HS and a vet tech for many years,her favorite dogs where large breed dogs.
    we never had a problem with any animal she brought home. when I moved out of my parents house I adopted a rotty/pit mix who was an aggressive dog,he hated other animals and was very food aggressive..my mom and I worked with him and he eventually settled down enough that we where able to introduce another dog into our home which was an english mastiff..I eventually had to put the rotty/pit mix down due to health problems/age. he went from an agressive dog to a giant lap dog with a little work. like they say there is no such thing as a bad dog...just bad owners.

Yes, bad owners indeed...

In my not-so-proud days, when I was a teen, I got a DUI(not the first, but certainly the LAST time I've driven with more than 2-3 of drinks in my system)...Part of my pre-trial diversion was 24 hours of community service at the WCHS(Warrick Co Humane Society). I fell in love with pretty much every dog there, but there was a Rotty/Pit mix named Shelby that I planned on taking home...

Long story short, she was an amazing dog and with the right care(via pack leader) she would have been a perfect dog, but she bit somebody before I had a chance to bring her in and show her right from wrong. It still saddens me thinking about how I could have taken her home sooner, but I waited too long and she made a mistake and had to be put down. :(

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

LOL, poopy between the toes is not a pleasant experience...That's why Leonidas is/was crate trained; he hasn't had an accident in 2 months, but puppies can only hold is so long if they are out all night.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The Vet is closed and a google search was worthless!!!

I thought my Pit Puppy (8 months) was being way too quiet while I was on the computer.

She got into the 50lb bag of peanuts I just bought, I would bet the little pig ate about 2 pounds before I went looking for her.

Besides being really thirsty and :poop: issues are they going to hurt her?

Do I need to take her to they emergency Vet Clinic?

She ate shells and all, She drank about 3 cups of water after I caught her and we have been outside so she could pee, she is acting fine except it is the first time I ever heard a dog BELCH!![/quote]

If peanuts do to a Pit what they do to a Lab be happy it was a belch and not vented out the other end!!!:rofl:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    AM update!!!

Liberty is her normal self we had to go out a total of 6 times last night, I managed to hold her down pry open her mouth and pour a child size serving of Pepto down her, it helped.

6 am this morning she is standing over me huffing into my face trying to wake me up, she wanted breakfast.

As to your question Integra.... Why not??? No seriously I'll bet I paid less for 50lbs then you can buy 2 pounds in the store. Peanuts store well and I am thinking about trying to make peanut butter... Just another one of those skills that might be important before long.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Our Basset Hound Honey, may she RIP, was sitting with us in the living room one night when she farted, loud. She whipped around, acting really scared and trying to figure out where that sound came from. She looked up at us for help and all we could do was laugh, well until the smell hit us then she was the one laughing! She belched in our faces a lot too. She was a great dog but thought with her stomach, if it was food, she ate it, and lots of it!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm sorry, we had a misunderstanding due to my lack of knowledge concerning APBTs...I was thinking of this, when I was referring to a "blue" Pit(hence the color):

P1060793.jpg

(

Yep that is what is considered a Bluenose, that must be a first or second generation cross looking at the nose. Very pretty, you know they are not as pretty when they grow up right? Plus don't forget you'll scare the neighbors...

The only thing that pup is missing is the darker stripe down his back and he would be a textbook example. They are so fun at that age.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    AM update!!!

Liberty is her normal self we had to go out a total of 6 times last night, I managed to hold her down pry open her mouth and pour a child size serving of Pepto down her, it helped.

6 am this morning she is standing over me huffing into my face trying to wake me up, she wanted breakfast.

As to your question Integra.... Why not??? No seriously I'll bet I paid less for 50lbs then you can buy 2 pounds in the store. Peanuts store well and I am thinking about trying to make peanut butter... Just another one of those skills that might be important before long.

It's not hard to make but it's a LOT CHEAPER to just buy peanut butter.

Top Bottom