See what I did there?

I see what you did there.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    OP, I had just began carrying a 1911A1 in a shoulder holster. I'd spent a bit of time getting it perfectly adjusted to where the rig fit me like a glove. Retention was provided by means of a very tight snap strap. It was winter and I was wearing an open coat as we went out to the local steak house for dinner. As we were being seated in a booth I sat down and removed my coat. As I did I leaned slightly forward and the 1911A1 dropped from the holster and slid across the table stopping just in front of my wife. Our hostesses eyes went from normal to full Roger Rabbit instantly and I do believe that her mouth gaped so big you could have flown a Cessna 152 into it.

Needless to say I was a bit startled as was my wife. My wife (as calmly as she could) slid it back to me and said "would you please put this thing away and quit playing with it?" I had thought I had secured the snap strap completely...it sounded like it snapped closed but it hadn't. From that day forward whenever I wore that rig I double and triple checked it secured. I felt sorry for the hostesses. She recovered and said something about our server and left post haste. On a side note we did get excellent and fast service that night, and yes I did tip heavily.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    OP, I had just began carrying a 1911A1 in a shoulder holster. I'd spent a bit of time getting it perfectly adjusted to where the rig fit me like a glove. Retention was provided by means of a very tight snap strap. It was winter and I was wearing an open coat as we went out to the local steak house for dinner. As we were being seated in a booth I sat down and removed my coat. As I did I leaned slightly forward and the 1911A1 dropped from the holster and slid across the table stopping just in front of my wife. Our hostesses eyes went from normal to full Roger Rabbit instantly and I do believe that her mouth gaped so big you could have flown a Cessna 152 into it.

Needless to say I was a bit startled as was my wife. My wife (as calmly as she could) slid it back to me and said "would you please put this thing away and quit playing with it?" I had thought I had secured the snap strap completely...it sounded like it snapped closed but it hadn't. From that day forward whenever I wore that rig I double and triple checked it secured. I felt sorry for the hostesses. She recovered and said something about our server and left post haste. On a side note we did get excellent and fast service that night, and yes I did tip heavily.

Good story! :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

If that happened to me, I could hear my wife now. :shudder:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Years and years ago, back in the big yellow permit days, I was home on leave and having dinner with a high school friend at the Red Lobster on Thompson on the south side of Indy. At the time, I carried a Beretta 84 OWB but had a big leather duster (gimme a break, it was the early 90's :mullet:) covering it for 100% conceal. No problems with the gun, but I was carrying the extra magazine in the breast pocket of the coat and when I got home it was missing. In pre-Internet days this was a very expensive and almost-impossible to find magazine, so I schlepped my butt back to Red Lobster the next day to ask them if anybody had found and turned in a magazine last night at dinner. Remember, back then it was almost unheard of for 'civilians' to carry guns, and not nearly as known or accepted.

"Did anybody turn in a gun magazine last night to lost and found?"
    "A gun magazine? Nope, no magazines at all."
    "No, a gun magazine. Like a clip. To put bullets in for a gun."
    "Let me go get my manager."

I half-thought they were going to call the police, but the manager came out and we had the same conversation again. ("No. It holds bullets.") I never did find it.

Top Bottom