• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOWLEFT1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I have wanted to asked this question for some time but could not get myself to do it. I am 5'10" 245 lbs and CANNOT get the eighth round in a Sig 220 magazine. I will give you all a monent to stop laughing. I have 2 mags and can't load either to max cap. Do I change springs? I am at a lost. Never had this before. (yes they are 8 round magazines) I will now once again hide in shame. Thank you

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Don't change springs, you might need to get one of the magazine "helpers". I have seen a couple out for sale, and I know some come with them. Or wear the magazines in abit, makes them easier to use. Don't be too embarassed, we have all been there, some can never muscle it, which is why they buy the HUGE high cap magazines.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    lupula or upula or however you say it.. i call em lula loaders. they're great. glock mags are very similar and stiff springed. dont let it hurt your manhood. no one wants to have sore thumbs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have you tried tapping the mag on the table to set the stack before going for #8. I have to do this with my Hi-Cap Para Ordinance mags. #13 is a thumb buster if I do not tap the mag down on the table (on it's bottom) to set the stack. Still tough to get it in.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I gave up on the last round in the XD mags first day I bought it. I'll cram it in for carry, but not for the range. Just not worth the struggle and wear on my thumb. Buy a loader, makes life so much easier!

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I can't get the 13th round into my wife's px4 mags unless I use the edge of a table or bench to push on the round and hook the rim of the cartridge to slide it into the mag.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    As you load the eighth round, look at the mag catch notch. I have had several single stack mags that, at a certain point when loading, will push the coil spring just enough to allow it to catch on the lower lip of the notch.

I currently have a P32 that does this. i simply push in on the spring with my thumbnail and the last round then loads fine.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Are you sure you have the 8 round mags? :dunno:

There are a lot of 7 rounders out there too. I use a Lula loader though :yesway:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Suck it up sissy man!

Just kidding. Those loaders make things a lot easier. Maybe try leaving your mags loaded with 7 rounds for a few weeks, and see if that makes the eighth round any easier. I know I have issues with mine as well, but I'm too dumb to go spend the money on one of those loaders; I just force it in with my thumb.

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    I get my thumb tore up much worse bass fishing then loading magazines at the range. Do you have your wife take your fish off the hook for you, man-up man??? lol, only kidding. Just couldn't resist. Lot's of good suggestions above.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I could get my son to come help. He's 5 and does a great job loading mags.

Just kidding. I've had the same problem and a lula loader is all you need.

Top Bottom