• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    somehow i got on an email list that emails Obama supporters. i swear, i do not know how this happened! lately i've been bombarded with emails asking for contributions, and being in a drawing for dinner with Obama. Believe me, I can't think of anything less appetizing! does anyone else get these? i'll post a few of them. this latest one from Biden really got on my nerves! I thought it would be a shame for me to not share these with those less fortunate who are not on such good terms with our wonderful leaders! :xmad:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cindy --

I need to ask you one last thing before tonight's midnight deadline:

If you know you're going to donate to this campaign eventually, what's stopping you from doing it right now?

If you're going to be a part of history in 2012, it's time to get off the sidelines.

So, before midnight, will you chip in what you can and say you're in?

This has never been about Barack and me.

We're just two guys. It's folks like you out there who will decide this election.

And what you're capable of is incredible -- if you decide to do it.

https://donate.barackobama.com/Friday-Deadline

Thank you,

Joe

P.S. -- That deadline also applies to the dinner Barack is having with four supporters. Donate today and you'll be automatically entered for the chance to be there.

From Michelle :rolleyes::

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cindy --

Not everyone knows how to prepare for a dinner like this. As someone who's eaten countless meals with my husband, I want to tell you the one thing to do if you're selected to join him...

Just relax. Barack wants this dinner to be fun, and he really loves getting to know supporters like you.

I hope you'll take him up on it before Friday's deadline.

Will you donate $3 or more today and be entered to have dinner with Barack?

These dinners mean a lot to Barack. They're a chance for him to talk with a few of the people who are driving the campaign -- and a chance for him to say thank you.

So come prepared to tell your story, and say whatever's on your mind.

Don't miss the opportunity to be there. Donate $3 today, before the September 30th deadline:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

Thanks,

Michelle

And from the head idiot:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cindy --

Because you and I don't have a lot of chances to have dinner together, I hope you'll take advantage of the one that's coming up this fall.

So if you've been sitting on this, now's the time to toss your name in the hat:

I like these dinners not just because I get to hear from supporters like you, but because they're part of what makes our organization different.

Other campaigns save seats at the table for special-interest PACs and Washington lobbyists -- and you can see the effects in the decisions they make and the priorities they set.

Our campaign rejects all contributions from Washington lobbyists, and we refuse all money from corporate PACs. That means we're accountable only to the people, not special interests.

Instead, we're relying on millions of people like you giving just $3 or whatever you can pitch in.

Hope to see you soon:

Thanks,

Barack

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Cindy,
    Someone may have put your name on a mailing list.

One of my best friends is a die-hard lib that lives in Connecticut. I have known him for 20 years and remain friends because we like to argue with each other, but don't make it personal.

He is always getting stuff from the Republican party. Seems that somebody made a $5 donation to the Repubs in his name and he was put on their "donor" mailing list. Once you donate once, they chase you for money from then on. His conservative friends think this is hilarious, but it drives him nuts:D

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I don't think that us little ingoers would pass the background security checks. LTCH would be a big red flag

Gutpile Charlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indian Territory, USA
    Sometime, in the past, for a joke, I "subscribed" to old Zero's mailing list, just for the purpose of being kept inofrmed as to what the enemy was up to.

For some time, I just forgot it, then recently the emails started. I get mutliple ones each day.

Well, not willing let an opportunity go to waste, I started "replying".....if you know what I mean?

It is quit obvious they don't read them. I've attempted to assualt them with my very best tirads , but to no avail. They just keep coming.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I wouldn't go to a dinner with Barry Hussein if they were paying me anything less than four figures and all of them 9s... and even if that was to happen, I would sit as far from him as possible, the better to avoid being caught in a pic with him.

Shake his hand? Not a chance. You see, the handshake is a holdover from ancient times, when a man showed his "sword hand" as empty, indicating he had no ill intent and could be trusted. I have no ill intent toward Barry, but neither of us has an empty sword hand, and I can't say I trust that he has no ill intent toward me. (Not by name; I'm not paranoid... I think he has ill intent toward everything I hold dear.

For those of you on his mailing list... If you get anything snail mail with a postpaid reply envelope, send back the envelope, empty. His campaign will have to pay the postage on it, and however many of those come back, that's less he can put toward anything effective. It won't amount to much, but every bit helps.

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I must be on the "save Obama's job" email list, too.
    Here's the one I got yesterday;
    As a rule, I don't pass along these "add your name" lists that appear in emails, BUT this one is important.

It has been circulating for MONTHS and has been sent to over 25 million people.
    We don't want to lose any names on the list so just hit forward and send it on.

Please keep it going!

To show your support for re-election of President Obama, please go to the end of the list and add your name.

1. Michelle Obama

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Send him a copy of the $1, $5, $10, $20 bills you've been printing off on your laser jet printer.

Enclose a note stating you've been printing off worthless paper money as fast as they allow the treasury to.

Then write a note stating youy'd like to donate your printed money to his campaign & hope to be entered into the dinner drawing also.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Send him a copy of the $1, $5, $10, $20 bills you've been printing off on your laser jet printer.

Enclose a note stating you've been printing off worthless paper money as fast as they allow the treasury to.

Then write a note stating youy'd like to donate your printed money to his campaign & hope to be entered into the dinner drawing also.

You could also tell him that you will continue to print of these bills for less than the current treasury employees. Might get you a cushy guv'mint job

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Sometime, in the past, for a joke, I "subscribed" to old Zero's mailing list, just for the purpose of being kept inofrmed as to what the enemy was up to.

For some time, I just forgot it, then recently the emails started. I get mutliple ones each day.

Well, not willing let an opportunity go to waste, I started "replying".....if you know what I mean?

It is quit obvious they don't read them. I've attempted to assualt them with my very best tirads , but to no avail. They just keep coming.

That's why i never unsubscribed or blocked the emails. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." I hope other people find the emails as annoying as i do!

Top Bottom