• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I am very curious why this got locked..https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local_gun_shops/79937-elmore_s_firearms.html#post900226 This is the kind of thing we NEED to be talking about. Did Ranger handle it perfectly, no, did he break the law,no, could he have been a little less aggressive on his post, yes, but I don't think that is his personality, if it was he would have been a cook, not a ranger. If Elmore's is doing things off the books, we, as law abiding gun owners need to know this. I have never bought a gun there and am not sure I would now. I use two FFL's and I am fairly confident they are doing there job correctly.

If you think a FFL holder is being shady, what steps should be taken? Should we say "go ahead and call it in, I'll feel better" should we not purchase the gun? what if it is a transfer and we have already paid for the gun? Should we contact the ATF? I think these are things we need to know the answers to, they are almost as important as where we can and cannot carry, and there are a lot of threads on that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    QFT ? translate please

Quoted For Truth. The thread was locked because it was going downhill. After several infractions and several deleted personal attacks, the thread continued to degenerate. It was felt that there was no hope of bringing it back on track.

E5RANGER375, you're right that it's pointless to argue with the moderators. We'd much rather have a reasonable discussion. I'm sorry that you don't like the way INGO is run. I'm sure there are other boards out there that might fit you better.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well if thats the case i was reprimanded, period. its no reason to close a good thread, when no matter if people think i was right or wrong, it still shows a bad FFL that might ruin things for the good ones. thats how criminals get guns and then the laws get tighter on good people. i appologize for my personal attacks, im not even gonna deffend my reasoning. but as far as walking out the store without him making the phone call, since there were cops in the store (as always) and a retired cop behind the counter, i didnt think at the time what he was doing was illegal or i would have just left and not even asked him to please call. sorry if a FFL is gonna break the law and IM AWARE of it, then i wont give him a second chance to make it right. I dont knowingly participate in shady things and all sales or purchases of firearms I make are on the up and up. im ticked i was put into the middle of an illegal transaction from what is supposed to be an upstanding gun shop.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5RANGER375, you're right that it's pointless to argue with the moderators. We'd much rather have a reasonable discussion. I'm sorry that you don't like the way INGO is run. I'm sure there are other boards out there that might fit you better.

well no im not saying i dont like the way this forum is run, and i think i'll stay here and follow the rules, thanks.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree, I was very concerned after hearing this. Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully this thread stays clean so it does not get locked and we can have more of a discussion this time around.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    well no im not saying i dont like the way this forum is run, and i think i'll stay here and follow the rules, thanks.

Well, then what are you saying? Because it sounds like you just called me out, since I was the one that locked the thread.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Quoted For Truth. The thread was locked because it was going downhill. After several infractions and several deleted personal attacks, the thread continued to degenerate. It was felt that there was no hope of bringing it back on track.

Thanks, now that we have why it was closed taken care of lets get back to the important questions. What to do in that situation?

I think he is saying " you can't argue with the one who makes the rules" not INGO sucks..JMO

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    man im sorry but scutter i dont wanna fight. if you have an issue with me and like to pm me then please do. what i cant agree with the OP here and say i dont agree that the post was closed? im not even the one that started this thread so obviously someone else thinks it shouldnt have been closed. personaly i dont care, and i dont wanna argue, i wasnt calling anyone out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    what i cant agree with the OP here and say i dont agree that the post was closed?

I have no problem discussing why the thread was closed. I have no problem with you disagreeing with either the OP or the mods. What I have a problem with is the comment that the moderators are unreasonable, close-minded, and malicious.

its pointless to argue with the moderators if they wanna do something

I think we take great care to keep the board on-track and (reasonably) friendly. We do it for free and we do it on our own time. We're open to discussion and we're not above (polite) critique. In exchange, we get to put up with a LOT of people griping at us (and worse) for asking them to act like adults. After all that, if someone made a backhanded, passive-aggressive swipe at you like that, how would you take it?

I don't think it would have been out of the question for you to ask a staff member why the thread was closed or what could be done to re-open it. It took until a smitty's post a few minutes ago for that to happen, though.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

I do agree with Ranger though. Elmore's is shady, heard about it numerous times. I call it the Dons Guns South.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom