• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I might just go because the anti-gunners are trying to use Martin's shooting as a reason to shut this down. B100 (I have been told), a local radio station is refusing to run their ads now. I saw the Elkhart Truth had an article that a bunch of people feel it should be cancelled out of respect.

Apparently Gunslingers had even pre-paid for the radio commercials advertising the show and now B100 is refusing to air them. From the Gunslinger facebook page:
    "Gunslingers would like to extend our heartfelt sympathy to the families of the victims in the recent Elkhart shootings. It was a senseless tragedy. However, we do not feel that gun shows, like the one we are hosting this weekend, the Elkhart 300, should be targeted as the cause. Guns at gun shows are sold to collectors, those seeking personal protection, hunters, target shooters, etc. They are sold legally at the shows. We have several FFLs on hand to transfer guns. We regret that B100 radio has chosen to discontinue airing our pre-paid commercials. We will not be using or supporting them or any of their affiliate stations in the future. We hope that all of our followers will support us in this decision."

If you follow the reasoning of those who want the gun show cancelled out of respect, then why aren't they asking for the upcoming IU South Bend basketball game to also be cancelled? One of the victims, Rachelle Godfread, has a son who plays basketball for IU South Bend. They will be having a moment of silence just before Saturday's game to honor her.

I agree that the supermarket killings were tragic. However, the gun shows were not responsible for the killer's actions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Better show than I was expecting. I bought some brass, primers and bullets for the .45 ACP. Better crowd than the one other time I was there.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i realize that these vendors need to make a living, but these prices are ridiculous!!! Even the Indy 1500...they either have crap and/or the prices are through the roof.

Top Bottom