• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I did go to Elkart today. Not bad for gunslingers but a lot of junk. At first it looked like a flea market. Some C&R stuff. Lots of AR mags 20 round for around $40 give or take a little. Lots of really cheap mags for a bit less. I was surpried to see a Taurus Judge for sale NIB for $375 in Stainless or brushed whatever you call it. Sold some brass bought some Zicks. Not much for handguns and they were all inflated. Outrageous prices on Ammo with the exception for one vender selling buckshot and one vendor selling 3030. Average 223 round (brass) was running a buck or more. Price of AR builds the few I saw were $1700 to $1900 but if they were not builds they were over $2000. It was a lot like what I expected so I wasn't dissapointed. No oboxious odors and the crowds were not to bad. Almost sold my AR. Hope this helps anyone in the area thinking about going there on the Lord's day.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    But ZX does, just not any Gunslinger shows, which are closer.

The Nappanee show is also a self promoted show, and one of the best in the area.
    I thought ZX did all the CPI shows and would have been closed anyway. I've been doing Nappanee since it was 1/3 the size it is now, best show in the area.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I was there Friday evening before doing some shooting as a guest at the Elkhart pistol club, so was in the area anyway. And I did score what I was looking for, an extra mag for my P95, which I have had no luck finding anywhere else locally or online.

I was literally at the last table before leaving and there was a 20 capacity marked $35, offer of $30 was accepted.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering the insanity over the possible federal action on our rights, I seriously doubt any gunshow is going to have a nice selection and can pretty much guarantee insane prices on any modern firearms and all they do have.

Would also expect many empty tables as most shops don't have much left to bring to a show. Hopefully in a few months things will return to some kind of normal, and shows again will be fun to go to.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I thought ZX did all the CPI shows and would have been closed anyway.

This time. They have never done any of the other GS shows(Elkhart,Lagrange,Ft Wayne) when not on the road. I think they quit the CIG shows.

The last weekend of February is GS's Shipshewana show and the following weekend is CPI's Shipshewana show.

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    For you guys up North, I've heard the Tipton gun shows are usually worth attending. Anyone go to these?
    I don't think I have missed a show at Tipton in several years. For a smaller town it is a pretty large show. Can't remember a time I haven't spent a hundred or so at a show. Usually "decent" prices (can't tell about this year). It is held at the Fairgrounds just south of Tipton a mile or two. Always been free parking - as I remember, always been $5 admission. The food booth has pretty good food at very reasonable prices. I was just searching the web for gun shows. Has an e-mail alerting me to on at Alexandria (just east of Tipton) the first weekend in Feb. While on the web I found an announcement that there would be one in Tipton by Gun Collector's Association of Indiana" the same date. They have a number to call to confirm that it will be on that date (765) 675-8456 - so I will call Monday to see if it is correct - otherwise I will probably go to Alexandria.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    We went to Elkhart and felt it was a good show. Both rooms were full and there was a good variety of vendors. Yes, there were t-shirts, but they had gun-related sayings. Gunslingers are doing a show in Lafayette this coming weekend and we plan to go to it, too.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I cannot imagine even a little bit that it's worth burning my gas to get there let alone spending the admission just to be utterly disappointed. I hate to be a downer but the previous shows I've attended in Elkhart have been a huge let down. I guess it depends what one is after and since we all love this hobby so much we hope to find deals and browse the goodies. Somehow I think these days are dwindling.

2 151 INF

Shooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    South Bend
    My wife and I went to this show last year. I was really excited to go. We got there, walked in the door and I was ready to leave. They should call it what it is a flea market. I was really mad they charged 5 bucks for this junk show.:twocents:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My wife and I went to this show last year. I was really excited to go. We got there, walked in the door and I was ready to leave. They should call it what it is a flea market. I was really mad they charged 5 bucks for this junk show.:twocents:

Yours is an apt description. I went two years ago and will never waste my money again.

If you are looking for chocolate coverd nuts or flavored jerky, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for firearms and related products, then stay away from this venue.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    image.jpgThe Elkhart 300 Gun, Knife & Outdoorsman Show is a sold out show for vendors. This is the first time Gunslingers have sold out at this location. As you can see from the photo (sorry it's upside down) there are lots of guns. Note: I did receive permission from the show promoters before taking/posting the photo. Show hours tomorrow are 9 to 5, Sunday hours are 9 to 3.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I might just go because the anti-gunners are trying to use Martin's shooting as a reason to shut this down. B100 (I have been told), a local radio station is refusing to run their ads now. I saw the Elkhart Truth had an article that a bunch of people feel it should be cancelled out of respect.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I might go Sunday for the hell of it if I have nothing else going on. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on another mosin this time with a great bore for a project. May just go to Midwest and dig through the crates if any are left.

Top Bottom