• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    To start, I've got an older first generation RCBS Chargemaster 1500 combo. For years and years it's been my go to powder dispenser and I've been very happy with it. Any time I've questioned it's accuracy I've grabbed a matchking bullet of a known weight and it's been true every time. Now, I don't know if I hit a button, or by some sort of accident threw it off, but if I type in 54.0 and press dispense, it'll stop at 48 and change. I have no clue why. I've unplugged it and turned it on and off a few times, but nothing really seems to reset it back to working. All I ever do it punch in the number I want and hit dispense. I don't do any fancy programming or anything like that. I keep hoping with all my heart that it's some dumb thing that I did, but the reality is that the powder dispenser is older than my kids and one of them is learning how to drive. Back when I bought this, I think RCBS was about the only option. Today there's RCBS, Hornady, and others. From what I've read though the race is really between RCBS and Hornady for the $$$ spent.

So first off, is anyone familiar with an older RCBS 1500 chargemaster combo that might know of some button I accidentally pushed? Secondly, if I have to replace it, what do you all recommend that you've had good experience with?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah I've tried that. It stays around 6 ish grains low. Normally it'd go from fast dispensing to slower, then trickle the closer it got. Now it's like it goes from the fastest speed to dead stop.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have had 2 hornadys in the last 5 years, they work at first but after a few hundred deliveries they will just stop in the middle of a delivery, have had no issues with the rcbs grand in 2 years so far.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    If you want a new affordable one, get this one from Amazon. Its the exact same as the cheaper Lyman ones. A friend of mine from Hong Kong just happens to know which Chinese sweatshop is Lyman's OEM.

Top Bottom