• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have been looking for a good way to upgrade the lighting in my gun safe for a while now but didn't want to put a ton of money or energy into it.

I came across this video last week

[ame]http://youtu.be/-BATJ1dxkuU[/ame]

So today I was in Costco and picked up a package of these self adhesive lights. They are affordable (under $30) and come with batteries. I had them assembled and placed in my safe in minutes.

I love mounting the on/off remote just inside the door as he did in the video. Upon opening the safe I now hit one button and have six bright lights illuminating the entire safe from top to bottom.

So if you need more light in your safe I would highly recommend checking these out.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ok, looks good! so anyone know where you can get these other than costco? what about Sams Club or Wally world? We dont have a costco and Im not buying a membership ;)

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I just bought some of the self adhesive lights at target. They were part of the Christmas clearance. I got a pack of 3 for $2.50. they seem to work well. The target in Greenwood had several packs left last night

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    ok, looks good! so anyone know where you can get these other than costco? what about Sams Club or Wally world? We dont have a costco and Im not buying a membership ;)

Super Walmart is where I got mine. A pack of 2 lights and the remote switch for under $25.00. They work GREAT!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bought some strip lights, like for a stereo cabinet.
    Mounted them to the inside of the wall with the door, facing in. So you actually don't see the "light" itself.
    I use a motion sensor to turn them on. It sees the door open.
    Parts from Menards lighting dept.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got a couple of those and the batteries that came with them died within a couple hours of use. Since I replaced the batteries they have been great.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    It does seem effective BUT I don't see it being inexpensive in the long run. It appears that each one of those lights takes 3 batteries. At 12 lights in that safe, that's 36 AA batteries that are going to need replaced plus whatever the remotes take. The wireless part is nice but that's way too many batteries for me to want to buy at one time.

Here's a wired solution that I picked up a month or so ago. It was $55 shipped and runs on an ac adapter or 8AA batteries. All the pieces plug into the end of the previous strand. Super easy to install and mine also came with an automatic roller switch for the door.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0-review_lite_tech_led_safe_light_system.html

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I picked up some motion sensor LED lights on Amazon last year when I got my new safe and they have worked great. They are still on the same set of batteries.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I took an 22inch fluorescent light, bought some heavy duty velcro and hung it to the inner roof of the safe. Ran the wires down the side and you can't really see them. Works very well actually.

Top Bottom