1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Posted without further comment:

Our (USA) Ports are, from multiple sources, arguably the most inefficient in the world. We don't work 24/7 and we don't employ as much automation as other countries.
    The strike is on the basis of stopping any more automation (we already employ less than other countries), among other things.
    The union leader has said "I will cripple you." Same union leader makes $1 million annually. Has alleged ties to mafia. Makes massive donations to Democrats.
    Hard to root for the unions here.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Our (USA) Ports are, from multiple sources, arguably the most inefficient in the world. We don't work 24/7 and we don't employ as much automation as other countries.
    The strike is on the basis of stopping any more automation (we already employ less than other countries), among other things.
    The union leader has said "I will cripple you." Same union leader makes $1 million annually. Has alleged ties to mafia. Makes massive donations to Democrats.
    dont worry our resident union nutswingers will be in here to call you completely unamerican and how awesome their life is compared to yours momentarily.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    You seem angry. Why, I don't know as I never said what you apparently think I said.

Higher wages are one of the factors that drive inflation. It's simply a fact. What we do with that knowledge, if anything, is a whole other discussion.....but it's a fact.
    Not angry, and I understand inflation, I just disagree with many on here that working class Americans and the longshoremen in particular are “greedy” because they want a good living in exchange for their time and labor. That’s all

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana

Then don’t root for the “Union” root for the workers!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Truck drivers do quite a bit better than avg associates. Mgrs can make more depending on the store and their abilities. I've had opportunity at union trucking jobs but just can't bring myself to screw the rest of society by driving up the cost of goods and services to benefit myself. Sounds too much like government fiscal policy.
    I'm quite aware of what all hourly Walmart associates are and can be paid. And if I don't know I can walk into the living room and ask her. She's friends will all of the people leads in IN and OH.

Screwing the rest of society lol
    Now that's funny.
    The Jealous Haters here are gonna hate.

Top Bottom