Not open for further replies.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    One of their demands is to do away with automation, so I say let's give them that. No cranes or forklifts, any of that. I mean, the Egyptians built the pyramids out of stone blocks that probably weighed about as much as those shipping containers, and they did it with manpower. So hike up your britches boys. Hope you've got strong backs

Yeah I heard that too, along with a 75% increase in pay. Seems crazy.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Nice to see the comments here are about what I’d expect. Middle working class “conservatives” turning on each other to the benefit of huge corporations that control the narrative and likely broke the last contract terms.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Nice to see the comments here are about what I’d expect. Middle working class “conservatives” turning on each other to the benefit of huge corporations that control the narrative and likely broke the last contract terms.
    Yep, just like the auto workers who did such a fine job saving all those union job.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you’d rather see some haitians run the docks for minimum wage so you can get your cheap Chinese crap? Got it!
    I'd rather see the union be reasonable and negotiate instead of holding the nation hostage while they throw their little hissy fit. They've been made a very lucrative offer but they'd rather "cripple us" (Union leader's own words.) **** that.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'd rather see the union be reasonable and negotiate instead of holding the nation hostage while they throw their little hissy fit. They've been made a very lucrative offer but they'd rather "cripple us" (Union leader's own words.) **** that.
    And they're doing it in October of an election year. All very political and planned.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I learned on here last year that all Unions are bad, no one earns what they get paid!!!
    I make a huge mistake earning a company paid pension, company paid annuity, 401K and saving money for retirement.
    And soon my Union Pension money will be
    stolen or lost even though its still growing at 112% or better each year.

I was told in essence, I should have just taken a job for 30 -50% less money an invested money in a 401 and lived off that.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Seems pretty lucrative ..
    I'll say this, my first wife's father did International Union Law work. Senior Partner in a firm ot of DC and Pittsburgh.
    Four of his children also now do International Union Law work with somewhere around 70+ different Unions.
    Union Trade Retiree here, I was on a few bargaining committees in my time working.
    I learned to believe what I read on the offer contracts over what news outlets put on TV and the radio.

How many years/contracts has it been since they got a raise? What benefits do they get?
    What was given up years back when times were tough?
    What about health benefits?
    Vac time and pay?

And remember negotiations just didn't start when they walked out. Both sides new last Oct 1st this contract was up.

Who here just walks into a truck dealer and pays what's on the truck window, and let's the dealer pick who you are going to finance it through and what rates you are gonna pay?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Loaded language not expressing the reality. Paint yourself into the corner where everyone hates everyone and nobody is right enough. Won't solve the problem. Won't improve the country. Is counterproductive at best. Unions were useful and possibly necessary when the railroads safety practices were killing 4 or 5 people a day.. Now they're just an exercise of power and greed and the leadership is at least as corrupt as Hunter Biden.

We're all crabs in a bucket when the unions take over. Nobody allowed to do anything outside the rules of the union. Nobody allowed to go out on their own and really make things better. Oh no! That would affect the communist rank and file who won't work that hard and excel. Who just want a protected job with a guaranteed wage that they don't have to really perform to achieve. Show up, do the minimum, maybe have somebody else clock you in and out when you don't feel like showing up. Funk that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I learned on here last year that all Unions are bad, no one earns what they get paid!!!
    I make a huge mistake earning a company paid pension, company paid annuity, 401K and saving money for retirement.
    And soon my Union Pension money will be
    stolen or lost even though its still growing at 112% or better each year.

I was told in essence, I should have just taken a job for 30 -50% less money an invested money in a 401 and lived off that.
    Happy that you got yours. Could it be that it was at the expense of others? And you'll need to explain that 112% growth rate in terms we can all understand. 112% ? Methinks someone's forecast might be too rosy to prove. Only thing I've seen grow at that rate lately is Nancy Pelosi's insider trading and possibly AI stocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom