• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have expressed interest... but past few Sundays either been closed, or last weekend I couldn't come out as I live in Speedway and well, yeah... the race mess was in town.

If Sunday is good weather wise and the range is open, I'll definitely get by to fill out paperwork.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    We have only been closed one sunday, I think we've been more than closed too darn much on Saturdays though. But asides, we would love to have you out Ryan. You shot pretty good too last time you were out.:) Neat guy with a lot of neat guns (GO BERETTA!:D)

We need people that are willing to do this. As in we need people that are willing to give up a day of their weekend to do this, not give us up for one day for their weekend. I have been sacrificing alot of my time (unpaid) for this range and will be damned if it closes due to atrophy. We need people that will be there because they set that day aside for the range. This is an actual job, not just a fun thing (though it is enormously fun!). You would be a city employee (or county not sure). If you get on as a paid RO, you are paid, as in, be there or be square. I want people to understand this before saying that they may be able to come out or fill out paperwork.

I understand a few folks would like to do this, but it needs to be more than a like. This is a serious job with great benefits (free brass, range time, get to see and sometimes shooot a variety of guns, you learn alot about guns from Eric :D). I more than understand if one has a strange schedule or things that come up, but we need folks that have a semi-stable environment in which they can make it out. Look at me. I am a complete loser with few friends and a love interest that is interested in guns. Im out there early and every day we are open (much to the detriment and consternation of Steve :D).

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    We have only been closed one sunday, I think we've been more than closed too darn much on Saturdays though. But asides, we would love to have you out Ryan. You shot pretty good too last time you were out.:) Neat guy with a lot of neat guns (GO BERETTA!:D)

We need people that are willing to do this. As in we need people that are willing to give up a day of their weekend to do this, not give us up for one day for their weekend. I have been sacrificing alot of my time (unpaid) for this range and will be damned if it closes due to atrophy. We need people that will be there because they set that day aside for the range. This is an actual job, not just a fun thing (though it is enormously fun!). You would be a city employee (or county not sure). If you get on as a paid RO, you are paid, as in, be there or be square. I want people to understand this before saying that they may be able to come out or fill out paperwork.

I understand a few folks would like to do this, but it needs to be more than a like. This is a serious job with great benefits (free brass, range time, get to see and sometimes shooot a variety of guns, you learn alot about guns from Eric :D). I more than understand if one has a strange schedule or things that come up, but we need folks that have a semi-stable environment in which they can make it out. Look at me. I am a complete loser with few friends and a love interest that is interested in guns. Im out there early and every day we are open (much to the detriment and consternation of Steve :D).

If you see me there Sunday if you are there (or anyone else who reads this, and sees a goofy looking guy... photo below)... as long as weather is hospitable I"ll be there... don't let me leave without doing some paperwork. I'll totally come out on Saturdays and work.

meohiorenfestival.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Next time you see Steve tell him to be there when he says he will!!! LOL Shat happens oh well. Nice place out there and I'll make sure to get out there Sunday again.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I am SO sorry - I spaced it completely. Which means I have to go by Monday morning and get the paperwork and crap....

I know I'll be out there Friday June 5th around 5.30pm.

If I don't forget again.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey just PM me your cell number and I can call you for a reminder! LOL Like I said, poopage happens so whenever you get a chance let me know. You got my email.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    We might wanna try and setup a meeting for all those interested and the current employees and to see who can and can't do what or when we can and can't work. I know when I started there, that is kind of what happened.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'll be at the range for sure Friday evening, June 6 at about 5.30. I'll be there at least an hour, possibly more.

And, if I don't forget (again), I'll be there Sunday around 3.30.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    So just that I'm straight. You don't have to have any kind of special license. Because I would be interested in doing it if my schedule would allow. I think it would be a great Experience to actually rub shoulders with people who love to shoot guns. Heck I might actually learn something too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom