• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Can anyone who's been there tell me what the Eagle Creek pistol range is like? I assume it's outdoors. What do I need to bring, and what are the fees? Is it crowded? I'd love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is the police pistol range and is run by volunteers on weekends only. Usually only one bay is used of the facility and there are something like 10 shooting positions, maybe? I go there when I can and like it allot since it is near and outside. 50 yds max. No rifles over .22.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It is the police pistol range and is run by volunteers on weekends only. Usually only one bay is used of the facility and there are something like 10 shooting positions, maybe? I go there when I can and like it allot since it is near and outside. 50 yds max. No rifles over .22.

I assume that the general public is welcome, not only the police?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    They are closed for the winter. They will re-open in the early spring. All the range officers are really nice. Check the web site for times and fees. Things may change slightly when they reopen as they are government owned. Also, their schedule is controlled by the police trqaining schedule and how many range officers they can line up, many are volunteers.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Closed for the winter... rats

From their website:
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Range Office phone, 327-7296, is not answered through the week. The voicemail message is updated weekly, please call before you come out. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are closed for the winter. Intend to re-open March 21 or 22 at the latest. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10 Visit passes available for $65.00, making each visit $6.50.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Notice: Fee increase for 2008;[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Archery day pass - 5.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Archery Range - Season Pass - 50.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pistol Range - weekday - 20.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pistol Range - weekend - 20.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Season Pass remains the same - 120.00, as does the 10 Visit Pass - 65.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please, don't complain to the Range Officers, we weren't asked at all. [/FONT]

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Been shooting there the last couple months. So far they have the best price I've found around Indy, $6.50 for the whole day (6 hours to be exact)... Not sure what they mean $20 for weekdays. They are not open to public on weekdays...

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Been shooting there the last couple months. So far they have the best price I've found around Indy, $6.50 for the whole day (6 hours to be exact)... Not sure what they mean $20 for weekdays. They are not open to public on weekdays...

Have you shot recently? I am starting to wonder if their website is not updated.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    sjstill is a member of this list and the range manager. Send him a PM for more information. The website is a volunteer effort, not connected to the city/county and is maintained in peoples spare time. Steve is a very nice person and will help answer your questions.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    sjstill is a member of this list and the range manager. Send him a PM for more information. The website is a volunteer effort, not connected to the city/county and is maintained in peoples spare time. Steve is a very nice person and will help answer your questions.

Excellent- thanks for the info!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gee guys, if Eagle Creek is handy for you, why not check out Marion County Fish and Game? For about the cost of a ten visit pass you can shoot as many times as you want.

Doug

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gee guys, if Eagle Creek is handy for you, why not check out Marion County Fish and Game? For about the cost of a ten visit pass you can shoot as many times as you want.

Doug

I've heard that was an exclusive club, and we all know that usually means $$$ and 'members' looking at you down their noses. I'm trying to find something for the rest of us general public folks.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Highly recommend Marion County Fish and Game. Always nice folks, browndog and me included. Give Friday Nite Steel (second Friday of each month) and/or Bowling Pins (fourth Saturday of each month) a try. Non-members are always welcome for these.. They have Trap every Thursday too. Give them a try, you can join if you like it.

Top Bottom