• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Been shooting there the last couple months. So far they have the best price I've found around Indy, $6.50 for the whole day (6 hours to be exact)... Not sure what they mean $20 for weekdays. They are not open to public on weekdays...

I have worked as an RO at the Eagle Creek Range since 4/06 and the $20 is for just a one day pass. We sell 10 visit passes for $65. But the range is only open to the public on the weekends.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On the other hand, MCF&G $105/year, shoot 8:00 AM 'til Dark, 365 days except when a match is going on, so call it 300 days; $105/300 = 0.35/day. 35 Cents per day!
    And I've never had anybody look down their nose at me.

Doug

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    On the other hand, MCF&G $105/year, shoot 8:00 AM 'til Dark, 365 days except when a match is going on, so call it 300 days; $105/300 = 0.35/day. 35 Cents per day!
    And I've never had anybody look down their nose at me.

Doug

That actually sounds pretty sweet...

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gee guys, if Eagle Creek is handy for you, why not check out Marion County Fish and Game? For about the cost of a ten visit pass you can shoot as many times as you want.

Doug

To me, it's the hours that I can shoot. MCFG usually have some activities going on at weekends, and their range will be closed to support those activities. Weekends are the only time I can get to the range. So EC works out pretty good for me. I do wish if they open just one day for the weekend, it'd be on Saturday instead of Sunday, as my work week starts Sunday evening, and ends Friday morning...

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Gotta watch out for one volunteer at Eagle Creek though, I think his name is Vernon. He is a real nitwit. He doesnt know crap about guns and is a crude dude :D:D.

:draw: +
    S_splat2.jpg
    = :pimp:

:popcorn:

:D

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gotta watch out for one volunteer at Eagle Creek though, I think his name is Vernon. He is a real nitwit. He doesnt know crap about guns and is a crude dude :D:D.

Wow, you can say that again! :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Now to be honest though, at Eagle Creek, we are good about the 1/3 seconds rule (we dont have one) but if someone doesnt know how the hell to shoot and is spraying down a target, hitting the baffles, ruining the legs of the target holder, etc... We will ask you to slow down and maybe begin instruction...:D But to reiterate, if you want to practice double taps, no problem, just hit what you are aiming at.

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I shoot both MCF&G and Eagle Creek. What I appreciate about Eagle Creek is that I can shoot a pistol caliber carbine and magnum loads.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Now to be honest though, at Eagle Creek, we are good about the 1/3 seconds rule (we dont have one) but if someone doesnt know how the hell to shoot and is spraying down a target, hitting the baffles, ruining the legs of the target holder, etc... We will ask you to slow down and maybe begin instruction...:D But to reiterate, if you want to practice double taps, no problem, just hit what you are aiming at.

Yeah at Eagle Creek but I was talking about the other one mentioned. Thats what I like about EC, I can squeeze out the mag as fast as I can if I want, and no one will say one word to me.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    MCF&G has a calendar on their website showing all their events. Early Spring and Late Fall is pretty clear but late Spring and all Summer is typically very tight (on the weekends). Many a time I visited or planned to visit MC only to discover they were closed for open shooting due to events. If you work evenings and have AM weekday hours open it is great. I prefer Eagle Creek myself. Check out the calendar for yourself and decide.

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I'm currently off work on Sundays and Mondays, so Sunday this year will be good for me to hit EC. I'm through going to Pops, too pricey and I don't like shooting indoors.

If I pick up a 12 gauge, I can take it to EC as well.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I'm currently off work on Sundays and Mondays, so Sunday this year will be good for me to hit EC. I'm through going to Pops, too pricey and I don't like shooting indoors.

If I pick up a 12 gauge, I can take it to EC as well.

They are open sundays as long as there is no special event or LE using it. I forget the webiste but do a google search for it. I know you can take shotgun there, but I dont know what all you can shoot out of it. I have only shot slugs.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    The plan is to be open Saturday and Sunday. As was mentioned before the public shooting gives way to IMPD training (typically reserve officer training). This past year though they were open more Sundays than Saturdays due to a staffing problem. At one time we had as many as six paid ROs to staff the range. Unfortunately many have had to leave for one reason or another. Currently there are only three paid ROs (one of them being me) and since I got laid off from my cushy 9 to 5 M-F job I have to work most weekends. That essentially leaves two. Dependable, dedicated volunteers are hard to come by (we lost a good one some months back, yes I'm talking about you Vern). Steve has been trying to rectify this situation for some time but local government wheels turn pretty slow. I'm not aware of what kind of progress Steve is making. We are all very determined to have the range available to the public as often as possible.

Top Bottom