• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ECPR is a great range, with great ROs. Does the single day price seem a little steep? Sure, but as pointed out above, that is for 6 hours.

6 hours at Pops = $114.00

Doesn't sound so bad now, eh?
    Also, keep in mind, the Range doesn't control the prices, the big wigs in charge of Eagle Creek Park do. They have no idea what running a range is like, and probably are anti-gunners anyway.

BTW, a lot of the ROs are INGO members, and they have treated us very well. Even going so far as to giving us run of the range for an INGO range day last summer.

So, if you have a complaint about the prices, I suggest writing Eagle Creek Park an email. NOT the range, as I said, they don't control the prices.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Also, consider that is the PER DIEM pass, not our ten visit pass. The IndyParks decided they would raise the pricing on us, we do not make the pricing. Please transmit your concern regarding this to the IndyParks, as we have complained about the pricing increase on deaf ears.

Our ten visit pass splits it over 10 visits. I am not sure offhand what the pricing is up to but considering a WHOLE day of shooting for UNDER 10 bucks a day with the 10 visit pass is phenominal.

I personally don't think it is crazy, compared to other places in Indy. Once again, please register your complaints to the IndyParks administration. Maybe if we get enough folks on their case, they would consider the price increase on an already comparatively low price asinine.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ECPR is a great range, with great ROs. Does the single day price seem a little steep? Sure, but as pointed out above, that is for 6 hours.

6 hours at Pops = $114.00

Doesn't sound so bad now, eh?
    Also, keep in mind, the Range doesn't control the prices, the big wigs in charge of Eagle Creek Park do. They have no idea what running a range is like, and probably are anti-gunners anyway.

BTW, a lot of the ROs are INGO members, and they have treated us very well. Even going so far as to giving us run of the range for an INGO range day last summer.

So, if you have a complaint about the prices, I suggest writing Eagle Creek Park an email. NOT the range, as I said, they don't control the prices.

Ten days of that would buy you an acre of ground you can do anything you want to on forever.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I love being at the range, but how many of you actually spend six hours there? If everyone stayed the six hours the range was open, the range could only accommodate 12-15 people. Just think, a couple goes out there to have a little fun, POOOF!!!!! There goes $50.00 bucks plus ammo..

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Last edited:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    There are several people who spend hours out at the range. A brick of 22's will last a long time if you shoot slow. The range also provides all of your targets too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I love being at the range, but how many of you actually spend six hours there? If everyone stayed the six hours the range was open, the range could only accommodate 12-15 people. Just think, a couple goes out there to have a little fun, POOOF!!!!! There goes $50.00 bucks.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

You didn't read the entire thread either did you? :D

2 people at Pops, $40 for ONE HOUR. Buy the $75 pass. 2 people, several hours, $7.50 each.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There are several people who spend hours out at the range. A brick of 22's will last a long time if you shoot slow. The range also provides all of your targets too.

Agreed. I spend several hours there on 100rds of 9mm. I shoot slow, trying to improve. I don't feel rushed to get everything done in an hour time limit. I get great advice from the ROs who have helped me be a better shot. I will take a break, sit around, chit chat, learn more about guns from people more knowledgeable than I, then shoot some more before I go home. Do that at Pops or Dons...

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Point taken. now we have the same couple, but instead spending $50.00 now must spend $75.00 and maybe never using the balance of the pass. Remember they are only once a year shooters out for some thing new. My thoughts are most people spend less then two hours at the range, have a good time with Steve and the boys then go home. OVERTHEHILLGUY

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Point taken. now we have the same couple, but instead spending $50.00 now must spend $75.00 and maybe never using the balance of the pass. Remember they are only once a year shooters out for some thing new. My thoughts are most people spend less then two hours at the range, have a good time with Steve and the boys then go home. OVERTHEHILLGUY

Don't get me wrong. I think the price increase, in light of the economy, is ill advised. Still, if I had a choice between $19 for an hour, or $25 for 6 hours, I would pick the $25 just so I don't feel rushed.

I really think we should email IndyParks and point out that with the economy, the price of ammo, etc. that they are making a mistake by raising the prices.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Many people stay for a few hours. I know at least 3 forum member who will spend 4 or more hours at the range and there are non ingo members who spend a lot of time at the range.

The 10 visit pass also never expires, so even if you only shoot once per year, you can use the pass until it is punched out. We have had folks with 10 visits that were from 2003. You can also use it for more than one person.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    PLEASE-PLEASE don't get me wrong. I like Eagle creek park range. Steve and his boys do a very-very good job running the range. I realize that Steve had nothing to with the increase in range fees.

Every one is comparing eagle park range to "POP GUNS" . Thats comparing apples to oranges. Pop guns is heated in the winter and cooled in the summer. Eagle creek is hot in the summer and cold-cold in the winter. Eagle creek is closed in most of the winter months. Summer months eagle creek is closed some of the weekends for Indy police activities.

I hope the increase in fees will not discourage people from coming out to have fun to the point that the range cannot afford to keep the range open. Check out THE CLOSING OF ATTERBERRY RANGE on this forum. OVERTHEHILLGUY

Top Bottom