• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    All i got is when i was young a friend of mine and i went driving around due to nothing better to do......so we hit a dirt road where we were firing shotguns out the car window.

Could have been bad but no mishaps....just real stupid!

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    yea churchmouse you are right about that one. i gave my buddy a pass because hes been my best friend since grade school and he was pretty shook up when it happened. i think when something like that goes down you just have to be thankful no one was hurt and make sure all parties involved know what happened and why and make sure it never happens again. my buddy learned and nowadays i trust him to come along shootin anytime without being worried about gettin shot in the back while im checkin the targets:ar15:

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    When I used too work on an ambulance I responded to a guy that had been drinking. He left his gun in his car while he was drinking (good idea #1), when he was done drinking he decided he had too much to drink and shouldnt drive (good idea #2). He then went out to his car to get his .357 and when he holstered it, it discharged. Round entered his thigh just below barrel and traveled though his knee and exited out his ankle blowing it to shreds.

This ones kinda funny i guess smart moves until the end....oh the safety brief that would follow that haha

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Back when after I got my first pistol, an XD9, got ready to clean it after a few range trips. Got my clearing sequence wrong... racked slide, dropped mag... OOOPS!

Well, to take down the XD, you gotta pull the trigger before removing the slide.

Thankfully the other 3 laws saved my hide. Pistol pointed in a safe direction with nothing beyond the unintended target.

Pulled the trigger to remove the slide as the pistol was pointed down to my right at our kitchen table. Surprised the **** out of me & the kids sitting watchin tv. The 124 gr Winchester Ranger T-Series +P bullet traveled through our sliding glass porch door & into our swimming pool as evidenced by the hole in the winter pool cover.

One thing that caught my attention after cleaning my drawers though is that the 'bang' didn't seem all that loud in the confines of our house. Thought it would have been more deafening.

Needless to say, I thanked the GOOD LORD above that I wasn't doing something stupid(er) before pulling the trigger and it reinforced the fact that the FOUR laws are life savers, even if an idiot like me has a brain fart and disobeys one of them while obeying the other three.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Back when after I got my first pistol, an XD9, got ready to clean it after a few range trips. Got my clearing sequence wrong... racked slide, dropped mag... OOOPS!

Well, to take down the XD, you gotta pull the trigger before removing the slide.

Thankfully the other 3 laws saved my hide. Pistol pointed in a safe direction with nothing beyond the unintended target.

Pulled the trigger to remove the slide as the pistol was pointed down to my right at our kitchen table. Surprised the **** out of me & the kids sitting watchin tv. The 124 gr Winchester Ranger T-Series +P bullet traveled through our sliding glass porch door & into our swimming pool as evidenced by the hole in the winter pool cover.

One thing that caught my attention after cleaning my drawers though is that the 'bang' didn't seem all that loud in the confines of our house. Thought it would have been more deafening.

Needless to say, I thanked the GOOD LORD above that I wasn't doing something stupid(er) before pulling the trigger and it reinforced the fact that the FOUR laws are life savers, even if an idiot like me has a brain fart and disobeys one of them while obeying the other three.
    I did that with my XD45 the day I brought it home:0 Holed the floor and the basement ceiling pretty durn good!

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I sat down to clean my wifes rugar security six revolver and after taking out of the case proceded to aim out the window and was going to dry fire it but for some reason didn't.After opening up the cylinder learned that it was loaded,sent chills thru my whole body. She had loaded it when I was out of town and put it away like that. Scared the hell out of me. I was 20 at the time and now many years later I always check first. Could have been real bad. Live ,learn and don't forget.

tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    I went to the gun range and forgot my wallet---with my LTC. So I quickly locked em up and put them in my trunk for my trip back home to get my wallet. Sad to say that happened recently. (Guess I was too excited about trying out my new gun.).

BTW. This is my 50th post!!!! :) Many more to come.

CapMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nothing scary or dangerous because i am very serious about firearm safety.
    My dumb moment was the first day i picked up my first AR and im at the range trying to load the thing. Before this i had never even seen an AR so i was clueless. I was thinking the forward assist was like a action lever on a mp5 or something similar and im pulling on the darn FA and of course its not moving. It only got a little worse from there until the range owner came over to help the kid who buys a $1,100 AR and has no idea how to drop the mag along with every other function.:ar15:

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    kid

i was 19 i was putting my ruger p90dc in its holster and i acidentally caught the triiger with my finger. i shot my truck. the round went into the dashboard and stopped on the firewall. lucky i was young n dumb stil have the ruger 16 years later.... the truck is long gone.

Triton20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    When I was 18 I had a Mossberg 12 gauge pump. Well I get this idea to shoot a old rubber bowling ball with some #6 shot. I blast the thing and the shot comes back at me hitting the siding on the house and 1 pellet in my right shoulder. It went threw my coat and shirt but didn't break the skin. Lets just say from that day forward I have never shot any gun in a unsafe manner. I only shoot animals that we're going to eat or targets with a safe backstop.

stationhollow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    by the river
    too many dumb things to count but i will tell ya that if you take a bullet and powder out of a 45 and place the brass and primer in a vice and you hit the primer with a nail and hammer, that son of a gun will scare the **** out of you and the primer will fly 30 feet and stick in the basement steps and your mom will scream at the top of her lungs. i know this for a fact, only did it once though.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    My buddies and I once turned trap shooting into a drinking game...luckily we were all pretty decent shots and no one ended up being to blitzed.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Only real dumb thing I've done was not put away a rifle right after I cleaned it. My wife, who tolerates my lead slinging habit was not to pleased since it was in theory within reach of the kids. If they climbed over the crap she made me put in the garage instead of the house. And put something down they could stand on to reach it.

At least my couch was comfortable that night :(

Supersport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    Discharged my glock while I was checking the chamber. Didn't have my finger off the trigger. Hand slipped and in the slide and boom there went the dynamite. Nice .40cal hole in my tile floor and throught a box of water, finally stopping in the drywall.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Trying to see if the safety features on an XD9 really worked as said. Pointed up and out. Pulled trigger. BOOM!!!!!!! Cats ran and hid. Wife came running in. Nice perfect hole in ceiling....luckily it seated in part of the framing.
    Ohhhh to be young and dumb......

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    When I was a kid a buddy and I went for a walk in on his family's land with a Single Six. We forgot ear protection, but "It's just a .22!"

A couple of rounds later I promised myself I'd never do that again. I've had ear plugs on hand or available at nearly all times ever since. It has come in handy more than once, and on balance my hearing might be better than it would be if I had never pulled that dumb stunt!

Top Bottom