• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Can I nominate these guys??

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/39880-welcome_to_tactical_response.html.

screenshot2.jpg

Hahahahaha! I KNEW this was coming! Comedy gold! :laugh:

Woah, old thread!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    At a very young age, my dad taught me the four rules of firearms. But my friends had no idea. I was 11 and at a new kids house that just moved into the neighborhood. While I was in the bathroom taking a leak, my buddy and our new friend got his dads .38 out and decided to scare me. They opened the cylinder and shook. Counted 5 rounds, just like my buddys dads .38. BUT this one was a 6 shot. I opened the door and my "buddy" was pointing it at me from about 3 feet. He was quite a bit shorter than I was. BOOM. We all ran out screaming. When it was all over, the bullet went through the door frame, medicine cabinet and stuck in the window base. I was fine. The bullet had parted my flat top.
    I had a 3 inch path right down the middle of my head. There were heat blisters on my scalp. I still have the pictures. It was the Grace of God that saved me from my "former" friends.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Come to think of it I haven't done anything really stupid with a gun :rockwoot:

Better be knocking on wood right now

Postulate: There are two kinds of motorcycle owners in the world. Those who have gone down and those who will

Firearms-related corollary: There are two kinds of firearms owners in the world. Those who have had an AD/ND and those who will.

Mental lapses happen to everyone. Thankfully, even if you break one of the "4 rules", the other three are such that no one should die. Break two...and all bets are off. On a personal note, I'm living proof that breaking keeping 3/4 of the rules still works.

At a very young age, my dad taught me the four rules of firearms. But my friends had no idea. I was 11 and at a new kids house that just moved into the neighborhood. While I was in the bathroom taking a leak, my buddy and our new friend got his dads .38 out and decided to scare me. They opened the cylinder and shook. Counted 5 rounds, just like my buddys dads .38. BUT this one was a 6 shot. I opened the door and my "buddy" was pointing it at me from about 3 feet. He was quite a bit shorter than I was. BOOM. We all ran out screaming. When it was all over, the bullet went through the door frame, medicine cabinet and stuck in the window base. I was fine. The bullet had parted my flat top.
    I had a 3 inch path right down the middle of my head. There were heat blisters on my scalp. I still have the pictures. It was the Grace of God that saved me from my "former" friends.

Oh. My. God.

(Would it be selfish of me to want to see the pictures?)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    (Would it be selfish of me to want to see the pictures?)[/QUOTE]

They are at my folks place. I'll ask my mom to dig them out for me. I'll post them when I get them.

deerslayer--01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Explain the physics of this. :rolleyes:

Not sure???

I have a .22 snub nose (1.5" barrel) that is only accurate within 3'. I shot at a target 20' away and missed the 18" paper.

Went to 10' and clipped the left side of the paper. Went to 5' and was still left of bullseye by 10".

I'm not a bad shot. I can plink soda cans at 75 yards all day with the Remmington .22 rifle.

I think that the .22 round just goes crazy if it doesn't have something substantial to stablize it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Any round fired outside of a chamber/barrel is going to go wild. It's sort of like trying to steer a train down a street as opposed to powering it down the railway.

Without something supporting the case, the bullet doesn't go anywhere. Case explodes and bullet can be found within a foot or 2. Without the chamber, breach and barrel working together there is nothing to focus the energy.

deerslayer--01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wished I could have told the old man that 40 years ago. I'm just now able to sit down. I'm still fairly certain that it went through the barn. Perfect .22 hole about 6' high. No exit hole. The barn was brown and couldn't even tell it had a hole in it, till you went in it and could see daylight comming through.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjDu5zwa4rM[/ame]

first time i watched this i almost crapped myself. oh and btw dumbest thing i have ever done is take someones word for it that a gun was unloaded without checking. admire the pistol and hand it back to my friend, who promptly proceeds to come very close to blowing a hole in his foot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjDu5zwa4rM

first time i watched this i almost crapped myself. oh and btw dumbest thing i have ever done is take someones word for it that a gun was unloaded without checking. admire the pistol and hand it back to my friend, who promptly proceeds to come very close to blowing a hole in his foot.

Sounds like he was dumber than you by a large measure. He could have shot you.

Top Bottom