...mob wives
    ...pawn stars

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Thanks for sharing this. I am always amazed at the level of indignation some of these bloggers exhibit over a TV show like DD. there are bigger issues in the world!

Not to mention DD is very entertaining :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Seems like some people just can't stand the idea that someone else's amusements don't live up to their standards, especially if that someone else disagrees with them politically. Like, um, they have to search for things to complain about the other guys when their own guys beclown themselves so embarrassingly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wait, wait, wait...

...the next thing your gonna claim is that all is not as it seems on:

...the real housewives of wherever
    ...the bachelor
    ...shipping wars
    ...bridezillas
    ...cake boss
    ...keeping up with the Kardashians
    ...mob wives
    ...pawn stars

OK, I can live with questions in the back of my mind about some of these programs, well, stretching the truth just a little bit, but please, please don't tell me that Hogan's Heroes doesn't accurately portray the operation of a German Prisoner of War camp!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Hell they show these pictures on the show, I'm not sure what the big deal is? People out here that farm and work outdoors in the winter usually grow a beard in the winter and shave it off in the spring, it keeps you warm... Sounds like another blogger that thinks wealth distribution should be mandatory? Like others have said, they put on an entertaining show the whole family can enjoy, and honestly, I can relate a lot more to them than about any other show out there!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    OK, I can live with questions in the back of my mind about some of these programs, well, stretching the truth just a little bit, but please, please don't tell me that Hogan's Heroes doesn't accurately portray the operation of a German Prisoner of War camp!
    sergeant-schultz-i-know-nothing-26.jpg

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i thought it was all like "half scripted" or "pseudo-scripted".....they set the guys up in funny situations and then the billies go at it...right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, they've really uncovered the scandal of the millennium. Those pictures are, what, 10-15 years apart? I mean nobody, absolutely nobody, has ever changed their dress, their "look", their outlook on life over the course of time--how can these guys possibly keep the facade going. :lmfao:

Yes... believe it or not, I don't look like this anymore either... :):

Jim_77.jpg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Of course it's scripted. Willie has answered dozens of times for the press that the situations are scripted and the family discusses ideas for what situations are typical for their personalities and in keeping with their lifestyle. It's entertainment.

Watch the old Duck Commander episodes (warning it's a real duck hunting show about killing and eating ducks). Watch Buck Commander (warning - again - it's a real whitetail deer hunting show about killing and eating whitetailed deer). Those shows - as are ALL hunting shows - are "scripted" as well. However, the dead ducks and dead deer are real. The meals are real. The people are real and they are enjoying making a television show around their lifestyle - hunting.

DD is no different. A family enjoying making a television show around their lifestyle - running a business and going to church.

It's a free society folks, if you don't like the show - don't watch. If you don't want the products they produce - don't buy. Simple.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Of course it's scripted. Willie has answered dozens of times for the press that the situations are scripted and the family discusses ideas for what situations are typical for their personalities and in keeping with their lifestyle. It's entertainment.

Watch the old Duck Commander episodes (warning it's a real duck hunting show about killing and eating ducks). Watch Buck Commander (warning - again - it's a real whitetail deer hunting show about killing and eating whitetailed deer). Those shows - as are ALL hunting shows - are "scripted" as well. However, the dead ducks and dead deer are real. The meals are real. The people are real and they are enjoying making a television show around their lifestyle - hunting.

DD is no different. A family enjoying making a television show around their lifestyle - running a business and going to church.

It's a free society folks, if you don't like the show - don't watch. If you don't want the products they produce - don't buy. Simple.

:yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hell they show these pictures on the show, I'm not sure what the big deal is? People out here that farm and work outdoors in the winter usually grow a beard in the winter and shave it off in the spring, it keeps you warm... Sounds like another blogger that thinks wealth distribution should be mandatory? Like others have said, they put on an entertaining show the whole family can enjoy, and honestly, I can relate a lot more to them than about any other show out there!
    I did detect a little class envy in that article.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    i thought it was all like "half scripted" or "pseudo-scripted".....they set the guys up in funny situations and then the billies go at it...right?
    Exactly, but so cares, I find it funny. Would it be entertaining to watch them BS and put calls together all day, not really..

Top Bottom