• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You guys running any specials on DSLRs at the moment? Looking to make the jump from point and shoot....:cool:

gr8fuldoug

Shooter
    Sep 22, 2010
    NY
    My brother Joel runs the camera side while I run the sports optics side. Best thing would be to give him a call here, 212-753-5128, to discuss what would be best for your needs. Remember to mention this forum as you guys get special consideration.
    Thanks for the opportunity to work together

x10

Master
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    you didn't say how deep your wanting to get into dslr but I have helped friends get into this dslr and it does a great job for a first dslr when you get into dslr you are talking a subject as involved and as specific as pistols,

you really need to consider your use and goal before jumping out there and buying, you can spend a big wad of money and not get a camera that your happy with,

Bodies and Kits

Nikon D3000 DX-format Digital SLR Kit with 18-55mm DX VR Zoom Lens
    Item #: NKN1582
    Price: $549.99

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    my wife has a Nikon D3000. Nice camera, and works great for our needs, probably to good for our needs ;)

arma73

Plinker
    May 7, 2009
    Morgan Co.
    I have a Cannon Rebel first Gen. I have be very happy with the picture and color qualities has reproduced. I am looking to upgrade. I have seen several different models of the Cannon and Nikon. I am having a tough time deciding what I would like to purchase.
    Any thoughts from you guys would be great.. I am looking to take portrait and sport action pics. I have several lens for my Cannon and trying to sell it would probably be useless so that's part of my dilemma with trying to decide which camera brand to go with....

gr8fuldoug

Shooter
    Sep 22, 2010
    NY
    I have a Cannon Rebel first Gen. I have be very happy with the picture and color qualities has reproduced. I am looking to upgrade. I have seen several different models of the Cannon and Nikon. I am having a tough time deciding what I would like to purchase.
    Any thoughts from you guys would be great.. I am looking to take portrait and sport action pics. I have several lens for my Cannon and trying to sell it would probably be useless so that's part of my dilemma with trying to decide which camera brand to go with....

You have Canon glass. That make the decision for you. They both make great cameras and there is no reason to switch systems.
    The best bet would be the Rebel T2i at $749.99 for the body. It is 18 mega pixel and does 1080P video.
    It is a great camera. The new processor will take very nice low light photos as well.

Top Bottom