• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I didn't make my statements as fact just my opinion. I didn't say your stuff was crap just that it looks harsher than I would want. anything that I can't use on all of my firearm surfaces may not be the product for me. no if you want to change my mind send me a can and I'll use it and give you an unbias opinion on what I think of it. if its as good as you say it shouldn't be an issue.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The demo caught my attention... just curious about it. I mean, who drops a light bulb in a tub of water??

I think for a dry lube I'll pry stick to Eezox

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    If you guys are interested in a dry lube, why not try Militec-1? Has anyone used this before? I am thinking of trying it out and will order some on my next Brownells order.

I use militec-1 in a ton of things including guns, it works great in vehicles. and another point about strike hold being heavier than water. that I'm calling marketing gimmick BS on, can anyone name a time they cleaned their guns in a tub of water? of course not, that is a marketing gimmick pure and simple.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    looks like strike hold didn't fair so hot in this test. now I understand why it is heavier than water as it needs to get to all the rust it let happen.

schmoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    I didn't make my statements as fact just my opinion. I didn't say your stuff was crap just that it looks harsher than I would want. anything that I can't use on all of my firearm surfaces may not be the product for me. no if you want to change my mind send me a can and I'll use it and give you an unbias opinion on what I think of it. if its as good as you say it shouldn't be an issue.

Even though you are poking me hard here, I am gonna put up and give you a can...The stuff works well, and if you think you can give me an uboased opinion, I'll send you a can. PM me you address, and I will get it in the mail Monday.

Which test were you referring to in your last post? Or were you just being snarky?

I am serious, this isn't miracle stuff, just good stuff.

I'll await your address.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Even though you are poking me hard here, I am gonna put up and give you a can...The stuff works well, and if you think you can give me an uboased opinion, I'll send you a can. PM me you address, and I will get it in the mail Monday.

Which test were you referring to in your last post? Or were you just being snarky?

I am serious, this isn't miracle stuff, just good stuff.

I'll await your address.

sorry I apparently forgot to put the test up. Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage . and as far as unbias? 100% the few on here that know me better than most will attest I don't BS around. I'll put your product up to something else comparable I have, fire 250 rounds through my 10/22 clean it put another 250 through and do the same with the other product. and I'm not being "snarky" just skeptical based on my findings and hoping your product is good as my stuff is on the line.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    sorry I apparently forgot to put the test up. Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage . and as far as unbias? 100% the few on here that know me better than most will attest I don't BS around. I'll put your product up to something else comparable I have, fire 250 rounds through my 10/22 clean it put another 250 through and do the same with the other product. and I'm not being "snarky" just skeptical based on my findings and hoping your product is good as my stuff is on the line.

Based on that test which I think is the same thing Annie Posted it appears Eezox is the clear winner. This is why we started a group buy because this stuff is apparently the best stuff ever conceived by man. :rockwoot:

group buy link is above.

schmoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009

I use this stuff a lot, and find the results of the test somewhat opposite to what I find in real life. One would wonder how Break Free fared so well against others like Corrosion-X, which REALLY works for preventing corrosion (but is a poor lube) and EezOx. Interesting that the test used Break-Free in both sets....I don't know the publication, so I would not presume to suggest any bias.

Condensations is not salt water, nor is humidity in your safe.

And I got your PM, will ship it out on Monday.

On a side note, this is an interesting forum...Seems like the signal:noise ratio is lower than most.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    by all means don't let my skepticism dissuade you from staying around, we all love guns and seller or not everyones input about them is valid and appreciated.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I ordered a couple of cans of this stuff. Mainly for my leverguns as they get a lot of blowby from the .45Colt straight walled cases that foul the action. I'm hoping that this stuff will a)lubricate those parts and b)not attract residue as much as the oil I now use. This would mean that during longer matches, my leverguns wouldn't get "sticky" when operating.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    My father in law bought a can. Said he really likes it but it doesn't replace gun oil for his Benelli's. They would shoot ok for a while but then start short cycling. He sprayed them with RemOil and they were back up and running.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My father in law bought a can. Said he really likes it but it doesn't replace gun oil for his Benelli's. They would shoot ok for a while but then start short cycling. He sprayed them with RemOil and they were back up and running.

I found that out with my Benelli as well though I was using Militec. Supposedly the surfaces on the Benelli are not as impregnable and Militec (dry lubes) tend to slightly gum up when it does not fully penetrate.

schmoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    OK, you got your sample and have had time to try it...

Mr. Tyler.....

What do you think?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom