• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Strike Hold. 3 Part Supply & Accessories

Bert and Stephanie gave my friend a can and I used it at Eagle Creek the next day. Great stuff!

I used it on a gummed up 22/45 and the gun ran like a sewing machine. I may not have to clean guns now.:D It worked like magic on my .22lr 1911. Stingers and Strike Hold made it run just fine.

I can hardly wait to use it on my AR-15s. I liked the stuff so much that I bought every can that Bert had at a after the gun show party. What I don't use, I'll give out as Christmas gifts.:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't know. One range session is not enough.

I need to use it on a broader range of pistols and rifles.

I think I'll see what it does on stainless revolvers next (the front of the cylinder). I usually use Pam, but I'll try Strike Hold.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Well at the 1500 the Strike Hold guys sprayed the bottom of a light bulb and the socket, plugged it in, turned it on, and dropped it in the water. Bulb stayed light and no problems or anything. it was crazy.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Well at the 1500 the Strike Hold guys sprayed the bottom of a light bulb and the socket, plugged it in, turned it on, and dropped it in the water. Bulb stayed light and no problems or anything. it was crazy.

well that may have less to do with the product and more to do with neat science tricks.(not saying it is but my skepticism remains high on demos like that)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    ok found the demo your talking about. doesn't look like any magic CLP just a lube that can form a barrier.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GWH1aiiEdM]YouTube - Electricity and Water DO mix!!![/ame]

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    without seeing the MSDS it seems fairly gnarly(caustic) too:n00b:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCoyr1GSRA]YouTube - World's Best Gun Cleaner![/ame]

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    without seeing the MSDS it seems fairly gnarly(caustic) too:n00b:

YouTube - World's Best Gun Cleaner!

I went to thier site to and found the MSDS, they have 2 versions of Strike Hold.
    The main ingrediant in the original is Tetrachloroethane also know a "Dry Cleaning Fluid". Its a great solvent, especially styrafoam, but isn't so good for you.
    Strike Hold II uses petroleum distillates as the solvent.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well after a little searching I don't think I would use this as a number of people have remarked how it destroys polymer and plastic and rubber.

schmoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    I'm the guy (one of them) that sells this stuff. Strike-Hold does work as promised.....It is a great dry film lube, and it does keep your metals cleaner. It doesn't harm polymers, and most rubbers don't seem to mind it.

Is it a perfect lube? No. Use it on your slides, your cylinders, your bolts, down your bores. I find that it is great to lube magazines with, and it is great to keep things from rusting when they get wet or from fingerprints. THe dry film is great for keeping powder from sticking in your reciever or in your slide.....IT is a good (very good) bore cleaner too.

I don't use it on my trigger assemblies or sears.

The trick with the water isn't a trick. Strike-Hold is a great dielectric. We do that to get people's attention so you will stop and listen to the rest of the demo.

Whoever said it was corrosive/caustic, please tell me where you heard that. It is not true. If you are referring to the "trick" with the cup, it is the solvents that eat the styrofoam, not the lube itself. The cup demonstration is just to show that the product is heavier than water, and will displace water better than other spray lubes.

One thing you don't want to use it on is painted or GunKoted firearms. It will creep under the paint or other surface coatings and make thembubble or peel.

There is nothing magic about Strike-Hold. It works as a cleaner and lube better than other products, but it is just applied chemistry.

Email me if you have questions. Bert@3partsupply.com

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have some spray-on moly lube we use on jet engine turbine fan blades. Great stuff. I have masked and then coated the frame rails, slide grooves, hammer/trigger/sear assemblies, all kinds of moving parts and really like it. I will have to get my hands on some of the bake on stuff our overhaul shops use and redo some internals sometime. I figure if it is good for a few thousand hours on a jet engine, it should last plenty long enough in a gun.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I'm the guy (one of them) that sells this stuff. Strike-Hold does work as promised.....It is a great dry film lube, and it does keep your metals cleaner. It doesn't harm polymers, and most rubbers don't seem to mind it.

Is it a perfect lube? No. Use it on your slides, your cylinders, your bolts, down your bores. I find that it is great to lube magazines with, and it is great to keep things from rusting when they get wet or from fingerprints. THe dry film is great for keeping powder from sticking in your reciever or in your slide.....IT is a good (very good) bore cleaner too.

I don't use it on my trigger assemblies or sears.

The trick with the water isn't a trick. Strike-Hold is a great dielectric. We do that to get people's attention so you will stop and listen to the rest of the demo.

Whoever said it was corrosive/caustic, please tell me where you heard that. It is not true. If you are referring to the "trick" with the cup, it is the solvents that eat the styrofoam, not the lube itself. The cup demonstration is just to show that the product is heavier than water, and will displace water better than other spray lubes.

One thing you don't want to use it on is painted or GunKoted firearms. It will creep under the paint or other surface coatings and make thembubble or peel.

There is nothing magic about Strike-Hold. It works as a cleaner and lube better than other products, but it is just applied chemistry.

Email me if you have questions. Bert@3partsupply.com

I might have to check the stuff out. Oh and Welcome to INGO:ingo:, hope you stick around.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So, have you tested it on Cerakote or Duracoat? Does it bubble them too?

I have a quite a few firearms that have a Duracoat finish. I think I might have to stick with Eezox.

schmoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    So, have you tested it on Cerakote or Duracoat? Does it bubble them too?

I have a quite a few firearms that have a Duracoat finish. I think I might have to stick with Eezox.

I would not advise using it on coated firearms. Parkerized or blued or other surface treatments are ok, but not on coated finishes.

Top Bottom