• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only wish I could be half as great as shape as trooper. After all, when it comes to "peak performance", I'd enlist the help of a good trainer or instructor, not talking to my PCP about how to attain such "peak performance" by running.

Or a physical therapist who does a similar function. I flipped a motorcycle when I was 16. But Desert Storm I had lost half of the muscle mass in my right leg. Even then I was still running 10:30 in the 2 mile. But too much sitting (riding vehicles, staff meetings, so forth) while in Saudi Arabia hurt me. Plus it was difficult to exercise and train in a combat zone. And I had contact with a soil fungus that induces pseudo-pneumonia that left scaring in my lungs.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    zwbe2QI.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    ^^^^^ whines about stuff

Me?

Wasted my time and energy and ticks me off before I go see the next patient. Then when they leave un satisfied they complain to hospital administration and I get to hear about it. I would LOVE to have my narcotic prescribing limited so I can stop being the "bad guy" and actually treat sick people.

I love how everyone wants doctors to "do their job" and treat the patient instead of just tossing pills at them, but heaven forbid they check to see if they are simply giving an addict a fix. Now it's become "shut up and provide the pill doc"

If you don't want to be treated like a pill vending machine, then let people have actual pill vending machines.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm a retailer and people are trying to shoplift.
    That's a stretch. You're a middle man at best, who has been given authority to let another middleman know that the "consumer" can have the product.

i have no power over legislation. This isn't a doctor thing. It's legal thing.
    You don't have direct control over legislation, but I sure as hell don't see you complaining about the laws that created this boondoggle.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Narcotics should be restricted. What would you like me to complain about?

They want unrestricted, OTC access to all medication regardless of type. Unless you support that you are a statist, big government RINO. You can't have an intelligent discussion with these anarchist types. Their divorce from reality is too great. They create strawmen and like knocking them down. Cops, teachers, and apparently doctors, are public enemies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    They want unrestricted, OTC access to all medication regardless of type. Unless you support that you are a statist, big government RINO. You can't have an intelligent discussion with these anarchist types. Their divorce from reality is too great. They create strawmen and like knocking them down. Cops, teachers, and apparently doctors, are public enemies.

You support marijuana legalization but not pain meds?

Divorce from reality, indeed.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy

Yep lots of tin foilers here.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you think that you should be the ultimate drug dealer then stop complaining about people wanting drugs from you.

If you don't want that responsibility then stop advocating it.

So Vicodin is the ultimate drug? Man, I learn so much on the Internet.

propose your idea big guy. Let's hear your plan for how to administer drugs in this country, both pharmaceutical and drugs of abuse. Should I be able to make something in my garage and sell it on the street to treat your dropsy?

Nevermind, this topic has run its course. I hope you find the promised land of drugs you seek.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

propose your idea big guy. Let's hear your plan for how to administer drugs in this country, both pharmaceutical and drugs of abuse. Should I be able to make something in my garage and sell it on the street to treat your dropsy?

Nevermind, this topic has run its course. I hope you find the promised land of drugs you seek.

The big problem is that the drug companies would not want to face the risk of open ended usage. Just too easy to sue. It would basically shut down the industry if anyone could take anything without some form of supervision. Some idiot abuses a prescription drug then his family sue saying that he was not competent to self medicate thus causing injury and mental distress. That the pharmaceutical company had the responsibility to supervise his usage of a dangerous substance.

BTW, we had that before regulations. Snake oil and patent medicines. No idea of what really worked and what did harm. And the public did not have the education to evaluate. Basically the snake oil industry abused people.

The controlled environment we have now does allow for research and testing. Do we require too much testing? Yes as I can get the same drugs in Europe sooner with less hassle. There needs to be some supervision, but far less than there is now. As it is lawsuits drive most everything in the US these days, not government.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I didn't say it was the ultimate drug. I said doctors are the ultimate drug dealers. They get to make bundles of money handing out drugs without criminal charges. In fact, they get praised for it! And your drugs are safe and high quality, which I'm sure is hard to find on the black market.

I would treat drugs the same way most of us want to treat firearms. Criminalize murder, not guns. Right?

At least I'm consistent.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The big problem is that the drug companies would not want to face the risk of open ended usage. Just too easy to sue. It would basically shut down the industry if anyone could take anything without some form of supervision. Some idiot abuses a prescription drug then his family sue saying that he was not competent to self medicate thus causing injury and mental distress. That the pharmaceutical company had the responsibility to supervise his usage of a dangerous substance.

BTW, we had that before regulations. Snake oil and patent medicines. No idea of what really worked and what did harm. And the public did not have the education to evaluate. Basically the snake oil industry abused people.

The controlled environment we have now does allow for research and testing. Do we require too much testing? Yes as I can get the same drugs in Europe sooner with less hassle. There needs to be some supervision, but far less than there is now. As it is lawsuits drive most everything in the US these days, not government.

This argument applies equally to firearms.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This argument applies equally to firearms.

But with a firearm most people (in the past) would understand how it worked and quickly rejected ones which failed. Drugs are not that way. Plus a good salesman can over promise. And with drugs how can that the average person tell if he is lying? Do they have the chemistry labs to do testing? With a gun I can test it myself. What is the purity level? Do you want Eli Lilly out of business and replaced some Mexican pushing prescriptions on the street corner?

Abusing a gun quickly gets you noticed. In the old days we didn't government as your neighbors would dealt with you very quickly. Abusing drugs is a longer process.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I didn't say it was the ultimate drug. I said doctors are the ultimate drug dealers. They get to make bundles of money handing out drugs without criminal charges. In fact, they get praised for it! And your drugs are safe and high quality, which I'm sure is hard to find on the black market.

Yeah, doctors are never held criminally liable.

Get a clue.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They want unrestricted, OTC access to all medication regardless of type. Unless you support that you are a statist, big government RINO. You can't have an intelligent discussion with these anarchist types. Their divorce from reality is too great. They create strawmen and like knocking them down.

"How much of an extremist do you have to be to support legislation that prohibits the happiness of your fellow humans? Happiness, mind you, that has absolutely zero bearing on your own life and carries no personal burden. A bunch of psychopats - they can't be happy unless other humans suffer."

:):

Top Bottom