• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I'm both for and against making most illegal drug legal. While I agree that people generally have the right to do what they want with their body, there are dangers with allowing unrestricted access to just any drug.

As a society we allow smoking and alcohol use by certain people, but there are consequences for this. What I would like to see is to make marijuana legal and change the way we deal with drug offenses. Users should not get jail time but serve community service or go to rehad. Small time dealers should be fined while large time dealers sent to jail.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had to look up BC Bud, because I've never heard of it and thought maybe there was some sort of super, not run-of-the-mill Cannabis.

So anyway, what I found out is that BC Bud is Cannabis grown in British Colombia indoors, under grow lights. Cannabis grows naturally outside, in clusters of male and female plants. Female flowers are sticky and male plants release pollen and the female flowers catch the pollen and grow smokable flowers packed with seeds for future generations.

Since Cannabis is illegal, a lot of people grow it indoors. BC Bud and other "high potency" Cannabis is grown in only clusters of female plants. Male plants are not there to supply pollen, therefore seeds are never created and the energy and nutrients used to traditionally form seeds instead builds up more THC, making it more potent.

From my understanding, you're essentially asking, "Should we just legalize run-of-the-mill beer or also legalize the super potent Vodka?".

Learn something new every day. I love the internet.

I was referring to the high potency of BC bud (up to 30% THC) compared to the average stuff you see on the street, but I see you understood what I meant. Sarcasm is fun too though. I'm not a drug expert and I don't subscribe to High Times, so I'll have to rely on the experts I guess.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was referring to the high potency of BC bud (up to 30% THC) compared to the average stuff you see on the street, but I see you understood what I meant. Sarcasm is fun too though. I'm not a drug expert and I don't subscribe to High Times, so I'll have to rely on the experts I guess.

I would be extremely upset if they decriminalized Mexican Spare Tire Weed and DIDN'T decriminalize the good stuff.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    :rockwoot:some folks r gona buy grass no matter what the law says.. its gettin 2 expensive for us nomal tax payers to try to stop it. the gov. has made an industry outa tryn to stop the sale of it. an industry we fund ?????:twocents:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would be extremely upset if they decriminalized Mexican Spare Tire Weed and DIDN'T decriminalize the good stuff.

My understanding is that stuff is pretty expensive. I don't think the majority of people would get that stuff anyway, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't really care about marijuana, I'm just asking questions to see where people stand. Also, I don't know that the average person knows that there is a difference.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My understanding is that stuff is pretty expensive. I don't think the majority of people would get that stuff anyway, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't really care about marijuana, I'm just asking questions to see where people stand. Also, I don't know that the average person knows that there is a difference.

No, you're not wrong. The majority won't get the expensive stuff because, well... it's expensive.

I smoked a lot when I was younger. I used to buy the good stuff. I used to always say "life's too short for s****y weed."

I think drugs in general should be decriminalized/legalized. If people do stupid things to get their drugs or their drug money, or because they're on drugs, those stupid actions are all already illegal and punishable. That's what we should punish them for.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Wow, I could give my opinion but I don't think it would matter. I am dead set against any drug being legalized except for medical reasons. It they were legalized, do you think that the cartels would bat an eye on slowing down their traffic or stop their killing? Do you think that all of the druggies would keep from stealing or robbing from you to keep up their habit?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wow, I could give my opinion but I don't think it would matter. I am dead set against any drug being legalized except for medical reasons. It they were legalized, do you think that the cartels would bat an eye on slowing down their traffic or stop their killing? Do you think that all of the druggies would keep from stealing or robbing from you to keep up their habit?

Cartels would need to compete against large corporations like Phillip Morris, Pfizer, Lilly, etc. They simply wouldn't be able to keep up and they would become irrelevant or they'd switch to politics, like the Kennedy's did when Joe couldn't bootleg anymore. Or they'll start a racing organization like NASCAR. Win-win-win.

People rob and steal for lots of reasons. You want to make those illegal too?

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow, I could give my opinion but I don't think it would matter. I am dead set against any drug being legalized except for medical reasons.

So you're supporting "medical marijuana?" In states with that statute, it basically legalizes marijuana. In CA, for example, you can go to a doctor and complain of migraines and he'll give you your "medical." Anyone can do it, and it is pretty common. So being "dead set against any drug being legalized except for medical reasons" is a conflicting statement, IMO.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Cartels would need to compete against large corporations like Phillip Morris, Pfizer, Lilly, etc. They simply wouldn't be able to keep up and they would become irrelevant or they'd switch to politics, like the Kennedy's did when Joe couldn't bootleg anymore. Or they'll start a racing organization like NASCAR. Win-win-win.

People rob and steal for lots of reasons. You want to make those illegal too?
    Decriminalize and regulate. May as well get some tax benefit from it. Heck, might even be enough to pay off the debt. ;)

We know alcohol prohibition didn't work and the current war on drugs isn't working either. Remove the black market profits and that situtation will solve itself.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's none of the government's business which substances I knowingly choose to ingest. The government isn't against drugs - alcohol is government-approved.

I should be able to ingest or sell to another adult any substance I wish.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    For those that favor legalizing drugs... Would "dealing" still be a criminal act?

In my perfect world, no. But I would short-term settle for the same system Alcohol sales currently operate under.

:cool: I wasn't being sarcastic at all and I also don't subscribe to High Times, but I am capable of navigating the Internet. I was just trying to put your own question into perspective for you, because it appears you weren't completely clear on how/why the "Super Insane Way More Potent" Cannabis has more THC. They don't pump meth into the roots, or do a Satantic chant, they just grow it in clusters of female plants only. I'm just trying to offer some useful information to you that you probably didn't already know.

And your question truly was, essentially, "Should we only legalize beer or also the hard stuff 90 Proof super Alcohol?".

You don't have to be a "drug expert" but perhaps you should hold off on your opinion one way or another until you know exactly what you're talking about. Just sit back, soak in some information, and make your decision. It's real easy to inignorantly say this or that about Weed or anything else, but if you're looking for a real stance, a stance for other people to take seriously, just look at the facts first. BC bud is not more dangerous than seedy weed. It's slightly more potent, so you buy slightly less of it and smoke slightly less of it. Just because you can drink a 12 pack of Bud, doesn't mean you can drink 12 bottles of Rum, know what I mean? It still doesn't mean we should ban Rum.

So you would like to see Alcohol, Coffee, and Tobacco banned too? Chips don't have any medical value, would you like to see those banned?

The cartels would stop selling drugs if they were legalized. Do the cartels currently sell alcohol or tobacco? That's weird, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that people could go to CVS to buy both Alcohol and Tobacco. Would you rather go to CVS or the junk yard where that guy got skinned alive a week ago to buy (Insert - Alcohol, Tobacco, Weed, Coke)?

I haven't been robbed by anyone yet. I don't care if the robber is a druggie or not, that's why I own firearms.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    :cool: I wasn't being sarcastic at all and I also don't subscribe to High Times, but I am capable of navigating the Internet. I was just trying to put your own question into perspective for you, because it appears you weren't completely clear on how/why the "Super Insane Way More Potent" Cannabis has more THC. They don't pump meth into the roots, or do a Satantic chant, they just grow it in clusters of female plants only. I'm just trying to offer some useful information to you that you probably didn't already know.

It's more than just finding the females.
    And your question truly was, essentially, "Should we only legalize beer or also the hard stuff 90 Proof super Alcohol?".

You don't have to be a "drug expert" but perhaps you should hold off on your opinion one way or another until you know exactly what you're talking about. Just sit back, soak in some information, and make your decision. It's real easy to inignorantly say this or that about Weed or anything else, but if you're looking for a real stance, a stance for other people to take seriously, just look at the facts first. BC bud is not more dangerous than seedy weed. It's slightly more potent, so you buy slightly less of it and smoke slightly less of it. Just because you can drink a 12 pack of Bud, doesn't mean you can drink 12 bottles of Rum, know what I mean? It still doesn't mean we should ban Rum.

I think you're making assumptions about my opinion. I've been around pot as much as anybody, without actually smoking it myself. I have never gotten into the specifics of what the people were smoking though. The point of this thread was to see what other people thought about drugs and legalization. It's been totally one-sided so far, which is fine. I was hoping to see those opinions.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Have you ever seen an old drug user?

tommy.jpg

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Just got a negative rep for my "opinion". I was asked for one and gave it. Obviously this person doesn't see what I see on a daily basis. I surely would not have given a negative rep. and be called "ignorant".

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Sorry man, but you're wrong.

So all you have to do to get high potency, high grade pot is find the female plants, and voila that's it? I used the internet to find a good article from Time:

This Bud's For The U.S. - TIME

Apparently something called "BC Bud" (never heard of it) is going for $3k to $10k a pound and has a THC percentage of 25% on average compared to the "normal" stuff that's around 7%. And that's possible by only using the female marijuana plants, and there is nothing else to the process? Now that info was from the DEA, but I've seen that info other places as well. It could be that my info is bad, so hopefully you can point out how they are wrong. As I said, I've known lots of pot smokers but never really got to asking them all the details of it. I'm not implying that you do anything illegal, but you appear to think you know a lot about it, so hopefully you can help me out. I know this topic isn't exactly the intent of the OP, but this is interesting too.

For the record, the jury is out for me as far as drug legalization. I like the idea that people should be able to do to themselves whatever they want, but I think it's too simplistic an approach to the problem.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No, you're not wrong. The majority won't get the expensive stuff because, well... it's expensive.

I smoked a lot when I was younger. I used to buy the good stuff. I used to always say "life's too short for s****y weed."

I think drugs in general should be decriminalized/legalized. If people do stupid things to get their drugs or their drug money, or because they're on drugs, those stupid actions are all already illegal and punishable. That's what we should punish them for.

This is a good point. To me, the question comes down to whether or not drug use would increase if all drugs were decriminalized/legalized. Honestly, I think it would. I think legalization would give drugs an air of "legitimacy" that would lead some people to think that it must not be that bad if the government has given the green light. I also think it would increase availability and maybe lower price (I'm not sold on that) and more people would get involved with drugs. I think more people using drugs would be bad. That's all my opinion though.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a good point. To me, the question comes down to whether or not drug use would increase if all drugs were decriminalized/legalized. Honestly, I think it would. I think legalization would give drugs an air of "legitimacy" that would lead some people to think that it must not be that bad if the government has given the green light. I also think it would increase availability and maybe lower price (I'm not sold on that) and more people would get involved with drugs. I think more people using drugs would be bad. That's all my opinion though.

Actually, history shows different results than your opinion. Hollands rates of drug use dropped when they decriminalised drugs and made it easier for those who were truly addicted to get their fix. Drug related crimes also went down. Portugal is a success story unlike any other. After 10 years their usage rate are down and drug related crime is down, as well. Just these 2 stories alone show that ending prohibition and then dealing with true addicts as people with an illness works. Our system doesn't work and is a huge failure.

Top Bottom