• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, I don't want this to sound like I'm a nut or seeing things or whatever.... Last night I was taking the dogs out at 11pm and noticed multiple hovering lights over much of the 267/I65 warehouse areas. Appeared to be ~500' up, 3 appeared to be hovering in one location, the closest one was moving slowly towards the house. As I put the first dog in and brought out the second one the one closest had moved around the edges of out property and was literally hovering over the road in front of the house.

How did I know it was a drone? Well, for once the traffic on I65 was quieter (denser air), the dryers were not running on either of the grain bins close to me and I could actually hear the super slight hum/buzz of the blades and their minute change in pitch to counter the light breeze. So weird I felt violated... or not. there was no anal probing so maybe I missed out?

Any idea why/what these were out doing?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You are not alone in whaT you are seeing.
    looking in my buildings and windows. A plane circling state police WiFi network detected in area at high signal strength
    big drones. Lots of them trailing cars and doing area searches.

been a while since they have been around and we now actively listen for them. Microphones active.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      141.9 KB · Views: 33
    • image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      113.2 KB · Views: 32
    • image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      141.9 KB · Views: 31
    • image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      95.5 KB · Views: 32
    • image000000 2.jpeg
      image000000 2.jpeg
      258.5 KB · Views: 30
    • image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      95.5 KB · Views: 32
    • image000000.jpeg
      image000000.jpeg
      141.9 KB · Views: 34

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Back out tonight. Tomorrow I’m grabbing the big Nikon. I can find minimal information that Whitestown, Lebanon etc have drone programs but they are meant for crowd monitoring for large events, accident investigation, missing persons etc. nothing about use overnight.

These appear to be following the same route nightly. Autonomous? It wouldn’t bother me as much if A.) I could actually get information on this and 2.) every time it flies over the house and I can’t hear it the GSD’s do and bark. They’re doing their job of alerting. But why are these here?

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Back out tonight. Tomorrow I’m grabbing the big Nikon. I can find minimal information that Whitestown, Lebanon etc have drone programs but they are meant for crowd monitoring for large events, accident investigation, missing persons etc. nothing about use overnight.

These appear to be following the same route nightly. Autonomous? It wouldn’t bother me as much if A.) I could actually get information on this and 2.) every time it flies over the house and I can’t hear it the GSD’s do and bark. They’re doing their job of alerting. But why are these here?
    Same route, to me sounds like a delivery of some kind. Could you call your local police and ask them? Maybe a local airport? I know that’s not always a good thing, but it may ease your mind.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Same route, to me sounds like a delivery of some kind. Could you call your local police and ask them? Maybe a local airport? I know that’s not always a good thing, but it may ease your mind.
    The local airport here is a tiny single strip, no radar etc and isn’t manned regularly.

It’s also Whitestown, known to overstep their bounds any chance they get.

I just figured with the vast knowledge base we have here SOMEONE would know something.

Reactions: Mij

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom