• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The local airport here is a tiny single strip, no radar etc and isn’t manned regularly.

It’s also Whitestown, known to overstep their bounds any chance they get.

I just figured with the vast knowledge base we have here SOMEONE would know something.
    Any chance it's Amazon testing their delivery drones?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I believe the ones that surrounded my neighborhood were doing a state police drill looking for escaped people.

there was one that stayed over the little neighbors lake. (First one I saw) you could tell some where staying high, some would follow cars, some seem to stay in one place high up, then three would seem to sweep a section of farm fields from south to north, one that came low set off the doors openers of an F350 pickup Looking in my barn and in the back field not 6 feet above the ground. As stated above there was an aircraft flying circles above them also. we watched them for over 2 hours from around 1 am till after 3 am. These mere fairly quiet but far from silent in the night stillness and I believe they were gas powered. There was an Indiana state police WiFi network with full signal on my phone. I personally counted 18 drones and one of my pictures show’s nearly a dozen. It was post frost so about November If I recall correctly. So to late to be looking for illegal plants if fields so to speak. The lights when I looked them up said police or fire in the web search. Funny that the lights were off when they were in the back field looking into the barns.

so I believe they had LiDAR devices (the F350 doors) and FLir cameras. They had no reason to be two in my field looking into the barn. So low I could have touched them (see blurry pictures) strangerthere seemed to be two styles of them. they ones in the back field were large I thought 6 feet but in thinking back maybe they were 4 foot circles.

nothing one can do about them can’t shoot at them, can’t throw things at them, can’t block the signals or jam them. That is all illegal.

we did invest in drone detection using mirchones and they seem to work well as they have gone off during testing with DJI products. They also seem to false alarm with a few weed whippers mainly the Milwaukee battery powered ones. Old style airplane’s with the controller came out of moth balls as the MAG’s Air Force.

we put that all in place and they have not been back.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Grenade launcher with a net and see if they come and ask for it back. Then you can get all the info you want. I’ll see if they’re out at about 2:30-3am when I drive through there in the way to work. Our shop is just south of the milestone plant.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Back out tonight. Tomorrow I’m grabbing the big Nikon. I can find minimal information that Whitestown, Lebanon etc have drone programs but they are meant for crowd monitoring for large events, accident investigation, missing persons etc. nothing about use overnight.

These appear to be following the same route nightly. Autonomous? It wouldn’t bother me as much if A.) I could actually get information on this and 2.) every time it flies over the house and I can’t hear it the GSD’s do and bark. They’re doing their job of alerting. But why are these here?
    Cheap building security for warehouses?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Not large enough. The Amazon delivery drones are 6-8 armed large drones. These are 4 arm like a cross.
    @bobzilla

I am not sure if you are in Hendricks or Boone county. You might want to e-mail the Sheriff of your county and ask if they are aware of the drones and their use.

Sheriff Harris has been responsive when I e-mailed, and with a security as well as 4th Amendment concern you might get an expedited response.

If you don't want to bother the Sheriff, the Boone County Chief Deputy is Mr. Mike Beard. e-mail is first initial, last name (no space)@co.boone.in.us

E-mail would also let you send pictures.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Top Bottom