• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Somebody please explain to me why it is legal to carry a hangun locked up in the trunk, etc, etc, when going to a range/match in say,,,Michigan. But somehow it is not legal go to an Indiana range?

How would a Police Officer know you have one in your trunk unless you commit a crime and he tows your car and inventories the contents?

If it is as you guys say, I would just tell him I am on my way to meet my gunsmith at the range.

I think this subject is way over nit picked...

How is it illegal? Can you go back up and read the 2 or 3 times Indiana Code was cited word for word?

You can't meet up with a "gunsmith" at the range. I believe the code refers to the shop or place of business.

Also, how would someone know you have crack cocain in your cookie jar at home? Are you saying it's legal if you don't get caught?

You get pulled over- "where are you headed?"

"home"

"From where?"

"um, not the range?"

lol

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Somebody please explain to me why it is legal to carry a hangun locked up in the trunk, etc, etc, when going to a range/match in say,,,Michigan. But somehow it is not legal go to an Indiana range?

How would a Police Officer know you have one in your trunk unless you commit a crime and he tows your car and inventories the contents?

If it is as you guys say, I would just tell him I am on my way to meet my gunsmith at the range.

I think this subject is way over nit picked...

it i legal in MI because that is their law. Here you have to get your LTCH . But if you can lawfully own a gun, you can get a LTCH.
    no funny laws about classes, where you can carry, how many or what type.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

If you may legally posses at the start and destination points of your interstate trip, you are protected under Federal law through the course of your interstate journey. (You must transport as outlined through any non-compliant states.)

TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I--CRIMES

CHAPTER 44--FIREARMS

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
    regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Driving from Indiana home to Indiana range does not invoke this interstate provision of Federal law so you remain bound by Indiana law which does not allow it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Indiana Constitution or a "law". Which takes precedence? It is obvious from reading both that the code is unConstitutional, on its face.

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

No mention of a pink slip paper granting a privilege. Just the plain English statement that you have the right to bear arms. If you want to go to the range and the state has not granted you permission...go anyway. If you get stop and harassed or arrested then you get to challenge the unConstitutional law. If you can find a lawyer with guts. Or you might get lucky and find a cop that actually cares about their oath.

If you want to go to the range then go.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    The Indiana Constitution or a "law". Which takes precedence? It is obvious from reading both that the code is unConstitutional, on its face.

No mention of a pink slip paper granting a privilege. Just the plain English statement that you have the right to bear arms. If you want to go to the range and the state has not granted you permission...go anyway. If you get stop and harassed or arrested then you get to challenge the unConstitutional law. If you can find a lawyer with guts. Or you might get lucky and find a cop that actually cares about their oath.

If you want to go to the range then go.

Oh no, not one of these guys... :rolleyes:

There are rights and then there are laws to clarify rights. Get with the program man. How old are you and how did you manage to retain enough freedom this whole time to access a computer while having an attitude like this?

:ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I think we can button this one up. The question on the table is not "What can I get away with?" but rather "What is legal?" The OP's question has been answered. We know what the State constitution says and we know what the IC says. We also have case-law example showing that the State law can and will be enforced. I'm closing this thread before it degenerates any further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom