• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I was just asking a simple question. There is no reason to be rude, obviously I am newer to this site and very much enjoy it so far. I had a conversation with a police officer and posted a thread about the conversation. If this is a topic that annoys you so much why don't you skip over it next time instead of getting so frustrated with what someone online wrote. As far as the repair thing goes, I was being sarcastic so don't get to worked up over it. For the most part, everyone on here seems really nice and willing to help out, and I appreciate that.

Get use to a bunch of people jumping all over you just for asking questions. Alot of people on here think they are a bunch of hard ace just because they carry a gun. If it isnt something you would say to somebodys face then dont say it hiding behind your computer. Give the guy a break. If you want support for the site then dont run the guy off by being rude. :dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Eh, lighten up a little...

Carrying a gun has nothing to do with "internet ego", it happens on every msg board because of the anonymity.

Secondly, don't just lump "US" in with a guy with only a few hundred posts, we don't all act that way. If you'll notice, the guys with the higher post counts are regulars here and actually want to try and help fellow gun owners, that's what this site was intended for.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I hate this part of the law!

I just found it interesting that this is what I'm being told, not trying to spread misinformation.

Those same LEO's you asked probably don't know it's legal to OC... check out some of the threads on that and you'll see that they aren't always up on the law.

That being said welcome to the dumb question (and occasional dumb comment:n00b:) club :welcome: we exist solely to annoy those who live on a high horse, and to help everyone else fulfill their desire to feel needed by sharing their wisdom :ingo:

-PFC

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's good to feel needed.:)

It's illegal folks.

*But mums the word... not everyone outside of INGO knows this.*;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Get use to a bunch of people jumping all over you just for asking questions.

Please be careful with the broad generalized statements.

One poster was slightly pushy in their response while MANY others responded kindly, so I don't think that qualifies as a "bunch of people jumping all over you".

Your decision to support the site is a personal one and whatever you decide is just fine, but be careful calling "alot" of us "hard aces with guns" when most of us are really trying to help.

:ingo:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Instead of risking not getting to carry a gun for, like, ever, why not just go buy yourself a cheap .22 rifle and practice basic marksmanship with it? .22s are a ton of fun, everybody should have a .22 rifle anyway.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Please be careful with the broad generalized statements.

One poster was slightly pushy in their response while MANY others responded kindly, so I don't think that qualifies as a "bunch of people jumping all over you".

Your decision to support the site is a personal one and whatever you decide is just fine, but be careful calling "alot" of us "hard aces with guns" when most of us are really trying to help.

:ingo:

You are right but it only takes a few to ruin a good thing.:)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Again, I am waiting on my ltch...have already applied and paid.

I second Joe's suggestion to pick up a cheap .22 rifle. You don't need an LTCH for that and it'll get you on the range.

On the bright side, license processing seems to be much quicker these days (about 6 weeks) than it was this same time last year.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Hey Chef, I was in the same boat, itching to get to the range... don't know if this is legal or not, but here's a possible solution that other INGO's can weigh in on:

If you have a buddy, coworker, acquaintance, etc. with an LTCH I wonder if they can transport it to the range for you & then you can both take in some target practice together.

Yes you can do this. It doesn't have to be your gun.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Eh, lighten up a little...

Carrying a gun has nothing to do with "internet ego", it happens on every msg board because of the anonymity.

Secondly, don't just lump "US" in with a guy with only a few hundred posts, we don't all act that way. If you'll notice, the guys with the higher post counts are regulars here and actually want to try and help fellow gun owners, that's what this site was intended for.

I guess since I don't have a cajillion billion posts I am an outcast. You crack me up. I don't feel the need to comment on every post and frankly I don't have the time (job, family, gym, life in general get in the way of that). When I post I try to post good relevant information if allowable.

I did actually try and help the guy and posted relevant and correct information. I don't want to see him get into legal trouble or go away from the site with the wrong information. Sometime you have to put a bit of oomph in your words to get the point across (I guess I am guilty of that).

Tom1025:
    Tough guy? Come on.. Ask any one who has ever met me in person from this site. I am probably one of the nicest and respectful people anyone would ever meet off of this board. I am more happy to buy someone a beer and have a good conversation. But make no mistake I don't hide behind a gun or a keyboard.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was simply referring to the below, that is all.....

You already know the answer. Your question was answered even though you probably already knew ahead of time before you asked it.
    Are you looking for best out of 3 or just trolling at this point?

This is pretty frustrating because now you are just muddying the water with a contrived scenario that does follow the spirit or intentions of the law.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Somebody please explain to me why it is legal to carry a hangun locked up in the trunk, etc, etc, when going to a range/match in say,,,Michigan. But somehow it is not legal go to an Indiana range?

How would a Police Officer know you have one in your trunk unless you commit a crime and he tows your car and inventories the contents?

If it is as you guys say, I would just tell him I am on my way to meet my gunsmith at the range.

I think this subject is way over nit picked...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Because Michigan has provisions in their law that allows transportation, Indiana does not.

No one would know if you were transporting unless a scenario like you described happened - are you willing to risk it?

If you are "going to meet your gunsmith" do you have proof as to what he is doing to your gun? Are you going to be able to prove your statement?

It would be best to either wait or have a person with a LTCH transport your firearm, but, if you are willing to risk a felony, it's up to you.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Get use to a bunch of people jumping all over you just for asking questions. Alot of people on here think they are a bunch of hard ace just because they carry a gun. If it isnt something you would say to somebodys face then dont say it hiding behind your computer. Give the guy a break. If you want support for the site then dont run the guy off by being rude. :dunno:

Well I sure hope you don't need any answers- because of your post and the use of your logic that if you ask about something that is illegal and you have 10 people saying it is illegal you will consider it internet machismo.

This site is for information. -CORRECT information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom