• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    After hearing what everyone said I went out and got some of the organic stuff. Im just about to sit down to eat so I took a slug. It actually tastes pretty good but damn. It kinda grabs you by the short and curlys.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I bought a bottle once to try for arthritis problems. I couldn't get past the crappy taste but I told my dad about it and he used it for couple years and claimed it help him with his joints, he would just take a swig out of the bottle during supper time....guessing that would equal about a tablespoon :dunno:
    I ought to give it another try, better than loading up on 800-1000mg ibuprofen a day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My Dad took it for many years mixed with honey (have to get local honey). He swore by it. I know Prevention magazine used to be big on using it as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bump. Alright, what's the report, guys? I want to know if anyone with arthritis or acid reflux tried doing this? I started on vinegar a few months ago. I'm feeling good. I did not let the flu get me sick that I was exposed to over the holidays. Continuing to lose weight. I was healthy when I started so I haven't noticed much of a change. I am curious how it works if you had arthritis or acid reflux disease though. My grandma drank vinegar and lived to be 98 years old. I have heard a lot of positive feedback with the people I've brought this subject up to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    i do this every time before i eat a meal.

i also take a table spoon of evoo when i wake up and before i go to bed. keeps your insides lubed up

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    BP 128/84. I've been using ACV faithfully since my post on 8 Dec.
    I don't remember what my BP was before but I was off my meds (hydroclorothiazide) for about 2 months. Yeah, I realize that's irresponsible as hell, especially since I'm 25.
    As far as my weight goes I've lost 40lbs since October put two notches on the belt. That probably effected my BP too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    BP 128/84. I've been using ACV faithfully since my post on 8 Dec.
    I don't remember what my BP was before but I was off my meds (hydroclorothiazide) for about 2 months. Yeah, I realize that's irresponsible as hell, especially since I'm 25.
    As far as my weight goes I've lost 40lbs since October put two notches on the belt. That probably effected my BP too.

Congrats on the weight loss. What has been your overall strategy to shed those pounds? That is a very rapid loss in weight. I'm sure it feels good though. Be safe.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Diet and exercise. Counting calories, running when weather permits.
    Just keeping track of what I was eating was deterrent enough. Since October I've gotten exactly 3 meals through the drive thru. It was astounding how much crap I was eating.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    It works pretty well for acid reflux. A customer of mine told me about it a few years back. I was working in there home and having a fit with reflux. The husband was telling me how his wife swears by it. I thought it was voodoo until he poured me a shot and i thought what the heck. I tried it and it really worked!

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Great stuff both internally and for external use...I shave my head...wait a few minutes and put some on a wash cloth and rub it on my head!!! It shines like that ball that drops in New York on New Years! Burns a little but man up an take it

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Late to this thread, but I wanted to jump in. I started taking a tablespoon in the morning and a tablespoon at night about a week ago. The taste is horrific, I find that if I measure a tablespoon into a shotglass and chase it with water that it's at least bearable. One of the things it's supposed to fix is heartburn, but I've actually been noticing heartburn at night lately; I never had it before. I'm not sure if it's related to the ACV, or just a coincidence. One strange thing I noticed was that my blood pressure was lower the last few days. I highly doubt that ACV could have made a difference after a week's use, so I can't contribute it to that. I did some hazmat training back in November that required blood pressure readings several times a day, and I believe I average around 130-135/80-85. The last few days it has been reading around 118-120/70-75. Again, no idea if ACV has helped with that in such a short time, but I haven't been doing much different beyond that. Did I mention the awful taste??

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Late to this thread, but I wanted to jump in. I started taking a tablespoon in the morning and a tablespoon at night about a week ago. The taste is horrific, I find that if I measure a tablespoon into a shotglass and chase it with water that it's at least bearable. One of the things it's supposed to fix is heartburn, but I've actually been noticing heartburn at night lately; I never had it before. I'm not sure if it's related to the ACV, or just a coincidence. One strange thing I noticed was that my blood pressure was lower the last few days. I highly doubt that ACV could have made a difference after a week's use, so I can't contribute it to that. I did some hazmat training back in November that required blood pressure readings several times a day, and I believe I average around 130-135/80-85. The last few days it has been reading around 118-120/70-75. Again, no idea if ACV has helped with that in such a short time, but I haven't been doing much different beyond that. Did I mention the awful taste??
    I started about 3 weeks ago and noticed the same thing regarding heartburn. I had it occur to me once, about at the 1 week point. I attributed it to the fact that I had also been eating some acidic foods at the time. I know it's supposed to stop the whole acid reflux thing by telling your stomach that there is enough acid and shutting down your "acid pumps". I supposed that it could be possible to just put enough acid in your system that it still gives you heartburn. That is what I attributed it to.

Lately I've been taking it less often (mostly just forget etc) and I haven't had as much problem with it. I've also noticed that the taste does improve after a little while. I wouldn't say the taste is horrible, it just has a bite to it, about like taking a shot of liquor.

BTW, you can buy shot-glasses that are made for measuring. I have 2 of them with tsp, Tbsp, Oz markings on the side.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Welcome to the year 2000 when this was a big thing.

I believe in the power of ACV but a few points I would like to share:

1. Get the unfiltered organic stuff with the mother protein strand still in it. This is the best for you.

2. It is the absolute best way to fix acid indigestion I have ever found.

3. I do not recommend using it as a mouth rinse. Too strong a solution can cause problems. Better to just not use it as a mouth rinse.

Bragg is famous for their ACV. I usually get mine from Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

So how can you tell if it has the Mother Protein Strand in it? Does it say on the bottle or does it just have to be organic? What is the mother protein strand anyway?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So how can you tell if it has the Mother Protein Strand in it? Does it say on the bottle or does it just have to be organic? What is the mother protein strand anyway?
    Just get the Bragg brand, it's affordable, available, and reliable. I haven't yet found a Kroger's that didn't carry it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rambone, posts some freaky deaky off the wall, wack job stuff.

No Doubt.

This however, he is right about.

ACV works.

I bought a bottle once to try for arthritis problems. I couldn't get past the crappy taste but I told my dad about it and he used it for couple years and claimed it help him with his joints, he would just take a swig out of the bottle during supper time....guessing that would equal about a tablespoon :dunno:
    I ought to give it another try, better than loading up on 800-1000mg ibuprofen a day.

Nothing like a good necro post eh? I miss my old pal Dom also. :(

I've been fighting a congestion/sinus infection issue. My daughter told me to try the vinegar thing. I was shocked at how well it worked to clear things out.

Years ago, I read this thread and thought I was as tough as aclarks dad. NOT, I gave up trying to throw down shots of strait ACV, it was just too rough.

This time my attempt was to mix the ACV with water. I could tolerate just Braggs and water. It worked for the test, so I went ahead and mixed up the ACV, honey and cayenne tonic. It aint sweet tea or beer, but it is very tolerable.

I'm making the tonic part of my routine, hoping to see even some of the advertised results. For now I'll just take the no drug decongestant.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Nothing like a good necro post eh? I miss my old pal Dom also. :(

I've been fighting a congestion/sinus infection issue. My daughter told me to try the vinegar thing. I was shocked at how well it worked to clear things out.

Years ago, I read this thread and thought I was as tough as aclarks dad. NOT, I gave up trying to throw down shots of strait ACV, it was just too rough.

This time my attempt was to mix the ACV with water. I could tolerate just Braggs and water. It worked for the test, so I went ahead and mixed up the ACV, honey and cayenne tonic. It aint sweet tea or beer, but it is very tolerable.

I'm making the tonic part of my routine, hoping to see even some of the advertised results. For now I'll just take the no drug decongestant.

Mix the Braggs 1 to 1 with a good olive oil and smother your salad with it once a day.

Top Bottom