• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Lately, I've been carrying a Delica 4 in my back pocket, with its big ugly black pocket clip and almost an inch of the handle sticking out. The other day while at an expensive restaurant, my wife asked me if I must carry "that ugly thing" sticking out of my back pocket while wearing khakis.

So, I need a new knife with a low profile clip, extremely thin, with non-tactical styling, and possibly a metallic-colored finish since that tends to go with just about anything. Looking for a 2-3" blade for light duty work for under $100. USA made, and I don't mind sharpening blades once in a while.

GO!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Finding a low-profile clip will probably be the most limiting factor at this point. SOG puts a really nice low-riding clip on some of their knives-- not sure if they're "fancy" enough though.

I'll get to lookin' around. . . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To give you an idea of what I mean by "low-profile" clip. . . .

SogAegisNet.jpg

This allows the ENTIRE knife to sit below the pocket line, completely out of view.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    In the case of the SOG Aegis (above), you wouldn't even see the knife at all, so you could still probably get away with "tactical styling".

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    kershaw
    1910 ram
    onion
    1620 st
    i have 6 kershaws and like them all
    KAI USA : Kershaw Products
    look up what you want then get it on e-bay for half the price

I have a Kershaw that I bought in the mid 80's. It is just like their aquatic model only back then they were calling it the "Caribou Hunter". It came with a leather sheath that had a metal belt clip on it. It's no folder, but it is my version of a "dress knife". Since I can shine the leather sheath it looks nice clipped right behind my cell phone.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Holy ripoffs Batman!!

I just came across this on the SOG site. SOGzilla. It would be like your Delica with a low-profile clip:

SOG-SOGzilla-SP-02-600x500.jpg

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    you can get lowprofile clips for a HOST of quality (dang that word!) knives. they are made right here in indiana at Great Lakes Water Jet out of Goshen. you can get them at Midwest Knifemaker's Supply.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Finding a low-profile clip will probably be the most limiting factor at this point. SOG puts a really nice low-riding clip on some of their knives-- not sure if they're "fancy" enough though.

I'll get to lookin' around. . . .

I'm quite familiar with SOG, I've got a Flash I and II, but they are a little bulky for me, but I do love the clips. As far as the SOGzilla, they are imported from China, but I do like the clips.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm thinking something like the Kershaw Leek with the stainless handle, or something similar, would fit the bill. Any experience with them?

I also liked the styling of the SOG Twitch II, but I don't like the lock on them.....

When I'm out with the wife, I'm not looking to use this hard or for defense (thats what my LCP is for). Heck, I would just carry my old single blade SAK if it would quit falling out of my pocket.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    As far as a gentlemans knife goes...the CRKT Ripple and Ripple 2 have been my best sellers. This is a new model that was released earlier this year...it is a Ken Onion design (Yes, Ken Onion left Kershaw and is now with CRKT). The Ripple is a 4 3/8" closed framelock with a 3 1/8" Acuto stainless modified drop point blade. It features IKBS (internal knife ball bearing)for fast opening. The handle is stainless with a titanium nitride coating. The Ripple 2 is 3 3/4" closed and has a 2 3/4" blade with the same features as the Ripple. Both knives are slim and very pocket friendly. :twocents:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The Ripples are great knives, but they still have about 3/4" sticking above the pocket. When I dress for business, it's suite, tie and suspenders. I use either the Kershaw Onion/Centofante #1615 in clip sheath, or a small fixed blade in a pocket sheath in right rear pocket. Look at Blind Horse Knives patch knives, or Michael Morris Knives. They both make wonder, small blades that totally disappear in your pocket.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If you can locate a Browning Ice Storm Model 392 it would do nicely. These were made for Browning by Mcusta can be bought for 1/3 of the price of a Mcusta branded knife. There are a couple on gunbroker now.

Closed 3 1/2 inches
    Blade 3 1/4 inches
    Scales Anodized aluminum
    Blade steel VG-10
    Liner lock

reversible pocket clip, easy to disassemble for cleaning, lightweight

brown1.jpg

brown2.jpg

Top Bottom