• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    1968 Hurst Olds, THE finest muscle car ever made.

Hurstolds2.jpg

Hurstolds.jpg

Hurst.jpg

Closest I've ever come to owning one is a 1968 442 convertable and a 1972 442 hard top with a 455 engine and a Hurst dual gate shifter.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have many dream cars. But I would like to have
    an Audi RS6 as a daily driver.

They put the V10 in the Lamborghinis. But in the AUDI the TWIN TURBOcharge the same engine!!!!

Just watched Top Gear Aus video on it. WILD!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw76XFYDXUk"]YouTube - TOP GEAR - S2E4 - WAGONS REVIEW - AUDI RS6[/ame]

audi-rs6-avant12.jpg

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    We used to have a pretty pimp '66 Mustang Coupe. Needed a paint job but the engine was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I would really like a 60 something Nova.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

They put the V10 in the Lamborghinis. But in the AUDI the TWIN TURBOcharge the same engine!!!!

Great choice, an easy favorite of mine as well. Audi's R line cars are hard to beat!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

YouTube - TOP GEAR - S2E4 - WAGONS REVIEW - AUDI RS6

audi-rs6-avant12.jpg

I'm not much of one for foreign cars. But that one makes me drool! :bacondance:

I love any car that's a sleeper!!

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    That's a nice Avalanche Bigum! When I'm in the market I will look into an avalanche, just depends on my needs, and if GM is still around!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm just trying to get in line with the liberal push...this thing is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :wwub:
    smart_car.jpg

I test drive a ton of cars. The Smarts have the worst engine/transmission (aka drivetrain) of anything I have driven SINCE the Renault LeCar's manual which felt like a stick in a jar of playdough.

However, the ride is nice enough for its size. They just need to get RID of the motorcycle transmission they put in it. Then, it will be something. Plus, bring the 80mp(uk)g Diesel over here.

I like to say there is room enough for a golden retriever behind the seats.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    im wanting a 32-34 ford coupe really bad! been trying to trade my 2dr 57 belair for 1, cant even get a "kitcar" glasscar for it though?
    sbc with turbo/4-speed and ac....you know 9.80 car with ac, and the cool factor.

That shocks me. Prices on '32 fords have really taken a hit. Have you tried going to a Goodguys or NSRA show?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear did a very posititive review of that very car last UK season, he loved it. I've seen a couple of those around town, they're wicked.

You have SEEN one of these? They are about $300,000.

In the video I linked, they said only EIGHT (8) were imported into GB; likely to London financier big wigs or sports stars.

I do know that Fishers has one of the very few Bugatti Veyrons in the US.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's one of those for sale at Sam Pierce Chevrolet in Daleville. Not sure on the price, saw it the other day when we stopped by to check out a 97 F250 they had on the lot.

The one at Sam Pierce appears to be the run-of-the-mill GN.

Not the GNX
    Here is Pierce's rear:

1G4GJ1178HP424313_5.jpg

The GNX's badge looks like this:

picture2sbs.png

And this one on eBay is up to $50,000 bid
    Buick : Grand National:eBay Motors (item 160346632001 end time Jul-14-09 21:36:26 PDT)

I remember cutting through the parking lot of a corner strip mall at Golf and Roselle in Schaumburg, IL one day and the only time I've seen a GNX. It was right in front of me as we pulled out of there. I had never seen a gnX badge before. I recall at about that time, too, that a story said the FBI had purchased 200 gnXes. So, I wondered if this was one of the FBI's GNX.

I worked for our local Buick dealer whilst the Grand Nationals were being produced. I vividly remember, too, a powder-blue-ish regular REGAL, that had the turbo-V6 emblem on the front rocker/fender. I even recall which bay I saw it in and stopping to take a look at it. Though I never drove it. Later, one of Schaumburg's dealers had the Turbo Trans-am with Oyster interior (silver looking vinyl) on their showroom floor. Never drove one of those, either. The GMC Syclone is another fine GM Turbo, kick-butt vehicle.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom