• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yes, it really is mine. Its a 1972 Aktiv Snow Trac. I imported it from England several years ago. Its well traveled, it started out in Sweden, went to England, then Scotland, back to England which is where I bought it. I shipped it here on a container ship and its been here ever since. Seats 7 (but 5 in reasonable comfort) will climb a mountain, and has even been featured on a TV show in the UK.

If you want to know more about them here is a link > Snow Trac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've actually created/edited most of the Snowcat pages at Wikipedia and many of the photos on the Snow Trac, as well as the other Snowcat pages in Wikipedia are mine or came from my snowcat pages.

My avatar picture is of my Snow Trac sitting on a mountain in Scotland.

Did I mention that my wife thinks I'm an idiot?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Yes, it really is mine. Its a 1972 Aktiv Snow Trac. I imported it from England several years ago. Its well traveled, it started out in Sweden, went to England, then Scotland, back to England which is where I bought it. I shipped it here on a container ship and its been here ever since. Seats 7 (but 5 in reasonable comfort) will climb a mountain, and has even been featured on a TV show in the UK.

If you want to know more about them here is a link > Snow Trac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've actually created/edited most of the Snowcat pages at Wikipedia and many of the photos on the Snow Trac, as well as the other Snowcat pages in Wikipedia are mine or came from my snowcat pages.

My avatar picture is of my Snow Trac sitting on a mountain in Scotland.

Did I mention that my wife thinks I'm an idiot?

Hah- I know what you mean. I have an old truck that gets rolled eyes from the wife.

do you have any videos? I'd love to ride in that. Is it strictly winter use only?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hah- I know what you mean. I have an old truck that gets rolled eyes from the wife.

do you have any videos? I'd love to ride in that. Is it strictly winter use only?
    1-2.jpg

No, sorry, no video. It performs best on soft surfaces like sand, snow, gravel or even tall grass, so no it is not winter only but that is when it is at its best. Tracked vehicles are all slow, but you can actually spin the tracks on surfaces like asphalt. Its tricky to drive on the lawn because the track cleats can actually grip the lawn so tightly that you can drive right out of the tracks (a very bad thing) when you try to turn. It also tends to leave terrible marks on the lawn so my wife won't let me drive it across the front yard unless there is snow on the ground.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I would keep my current 08' wrangler unlimited for snow / trail fun / occasional daily driving. maybe lift it about 8" and put some 40" tires on there, dana 60's, exoskeleton, HEMI.....

The dream car would be a BMW M5 for daily driving
    14761-2006-BMW-M5.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    it used to be a 69 camaro rs ss until this beauty came along

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBOPwHgpkFk]YouTube - Lamborghini Reventon Top Gear Review[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyLkp3F0Nw]YouTube - Lamborghini Reventón - Engine Sound (HQ)[/ame]

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    1999 manual trans. silver t-top Corvette. When I was little we toured the plant in Bowling Green, and they picked me to start a car on the assembly line. So when I get one I can always think maybe this is the one I started at the plant.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    67-68 Mustang Shelby GT500, Shelby AC cobra, or right now I'd love to just get a 67-68 mustang hardtop and build it how I want with a 351C4v, with custom 6 spd manual, 9" rear, coilovers, and all sorts of goodies. I want something that will kick butt both on the dragstrip and the road course. And still be a street driven car. I don't like trailer queens.

In the way of trucks, 78 Ford F250 hi boy, 4x4, built high compression 429, 4 spd manual, 35's. With a topper on the back that has a pop out turret with a remote controlled M2, and popout rocket launchers out the sides of the front fenders. And that's all just for starters, lol.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Mid-engine, V-8, 550HP, 500 ft/lb torque, 6-speed manual.

I want a Ford GT.

fordgtfront.jpg

fordgt.jpg

fordgtrear.jpg

If they're all out at the wish line, I'll settle for a Viper coupe

dodgeviperrear.jpg

Or a "I can't drive 55" Ferrari 512BB Berlinetta Boxer.

Viva%20Italia%202006%20-%20Ferrari%20512BB.jpg

Heck, even an early 70's Pantera with that mid-engine 351c.

Panterra-01.JPG

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That would kick a$$.

Gotta make sure and move that fuel tank, though...

300px-Car_explosion.jpg

yeah very true, and good point!! I tried to get my dad to buy me one back in high school. It was white with a 302, 5 spd (if I remember right), 9" with 4.10 gears for either $2000 or $3000 and had low miles with no rust. But he knew with my lead foot it would get me in trouble, lol. So he gave me the old 84 tempo diesel....:rolleyes:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    yeah very true, and good point!! I tried to get my dad to buy me one back in high school. It was white with a 302, 5 spd (if I remember right), 9" with 4.10 gears for either $2000 or $3000 and had low miles with no rust. But he knew with my lead foot it would get me in trouble, lol. So he gave me the old 84 tempo diesel....:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

Not the Ford Tempo.... say it isn't so.

I had actually forgotten about the Ford Tempo until your post!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So many cars that I think I want... So little time...

I'd like a Lambo / Ferrari / insert super-car of choice here

But I'm almost certain that I'd end up killing myself, my wife, or someone else. I know that with all the new fangled electronic nannies aboard many cars, driving them is safer now than it has ever been. But the fact remains that while I might be an excellent driver in average passenger cars, I do not have the experience / training to handle a "super car". :-(

So if I suddenly became worth many millions of dollars, the FIRST thing I'd do would be to invest in some performance driving schools!

And THEN I'd look into the high-end GT car side of things: Bently Continental GT, Ferrari 512 Scagletti, BMW M5 or M6, etc etc.

Something big, fast, luxurious, and "Forgiving" on Indiana roads.

No way would I want a dedicated sports car for a daily driver! Not around here, no way!

Plus, I'm a big fat guy...I'd have to be able to get into and out of a car easily in order for me to want it. If it takes a can of Crisco and a shoe-horn....I don't want it. hehe

-J-

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    So many cars that I think I want... So little time...

I'd like a Lambo / Ferrari / insert super-car of choice here

But I'm almost certain that I'd end up killing myself, my wife, or someone else. I know that with all the new fangled electronic nannies aboard many cars, driving them is safer now than it has ever been. But the fact remains that while I might be an excellent driver in average passenger cars, I do not have the experience / training to handle a "super car". :-(

So if I suddenly became worth many millions of dollars, the FIRST thing I'd do would be to invest in some performance driving schools!

And THEN I'd look into the high-end GT car side of things: Bently Continental GT, Ferrari 512 Scagletti, BMW M5 or M6, etc etc.

Something big, fast, luxurious, and "Forgiving" on Indiana roads.

No way would I want a dedicated sports car for a daily driver! Not around here, no way!

Plus, I'm a big fat guy...I'd have to be able to get into and out of a car easily in order for me to want it. If it takes a can of Crisco and a shoe-horn....I don't want it. hehe

-J-

Good for you for wanting to get the training first!! :yesway:
    Alot of guys with too much money also have too much pride to get the training first. I don't know how many autocross events I went to where some guy came in with a porsche or other high end sports car, not knowing how to really drive it. And got his butt kicked by a bunch of mildly modded econo cars like my focus zx3. I'm looking forward to getting it back out there this year after I finish the repair on the trans. Its been down for too long and has some butt kicking to make up for. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom