• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All day,every day for a long time now. :)

G30ampBlackhawkSERPA005.jpg
    How many bullet holes do you have in that leg sir from shooting yourself?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I was one of those cheap ish nylon holster guys until I actually got to draw from a holster and shoot. I had a Blackhawk SERPA ordered that afternoon. Love it. Now my kids use my old nylon holster for their air soft.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I've got SERPAs and Safariland holsters. Personally, I prefer the Safariland, but it's not because of any concerns with Blackhawks.

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Serpas suck... because they don't make one for the Sig 1911.

Sig makes their own version for the 1911. I believe I purchased mine on Amazon. I like it better than my blackhawk because you can pull on the gun first then press the button and the gun will still release. With the blackhawk you HAVE to push the button before you start to draw or it will stay locked.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    My serpa and my M&P9 get along just fine. I love it. I also really enjoy using the same holster for paddle or belt loop and I switch out the attachments at least once a week depending on what I'm up to .

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm wearing mine right now, I'm not bleeding or in severe pain. I have not shot myself as of the date/time of this post.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Any Serpa owners here experienced the lock-up issue during combatives or other rigorous training? That would worry me more than the trigger finger issue. I've read a few accounts before but was curious if anyone local had experienced anything similar. I know there are lots of Serpa's in circulation.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Any Serpa owners here experienced the lock-up issue during combatives or other rigorous training? That would worry me more than the trigger finger issue. I've read a few accounts before but was curious if anyone local had experienced anything similar. I know there are lots of Serpa's in circulation.

I have used one for lots of training and never had a problem. I never knew about having to press the button first until someone told me about it. I think when you speed up your draw you end up pressing the button while still pushing your hand down onto the grip.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The holster also makes it so that depending on the gun the place where you finger lands after extraction from the holster is different. On a glock it is right about where the take down lever is (idk the actual name for it) vs other which drop your finger much closer to the trigger.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Mine has never locked up but the paddle attachment did break in two after about 3-4 years of white-collar carry. I like the Serpa but have never understood the skeletonized paddle and lack of reinforcement in the corners of the paddle mold. I'm still using mine with the belt slide at the moment but will probably give the new 73 series ALS a try when they come out for the m&p 45.

Best,

Joe

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I thought we talked about how the dimensions are different on your 1911 than most others. It the manufacturer of your firearm that's using a slightly different sized frame dimensions that won't allow you to use a Serpa.

Just sayin...

OP - Solid OC holster, IMO. Difficult for CC, though.

Actually Blackhawk has a model for 1911 Clones. Unfortunately, unlike their specific Colt 1911 holster, it comes in full size only, so I have extra holster protruding from my shirt.

Also, I have figured out th etrick to quickly removing the holster from my belt :D. Just pull the holster up, push the paddle out with your thumb, and use your other hand to stretch the pants while keeping a finger on the pant hook. Practice enough and it becomes really easy to pull em out.

And finally, I paid $45 for the Level 2 retention CQC model

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I would use one (if i had my ltch) just not when it is snowing because i have had snow pack into the button thingie mabob and lock the gun in the holster

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Actually Blackhawk has a model for 1911 Clones. Unfortunately, unlike their specific Colt 1911 holster, it comes in full size only, so I have extra holster protruding from my shirt.

Great to hear! I have seen several who'd taken a Dremel cut off tool & removed the excess from the holster. Patience + a little smoothing w a file = a sharp looking "proper length" SERPA holster for the Commander length 1911.

Top Bottom