Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Can't do that

I'd like to have my name in the drawing. My dad should be able to pick it up for me if I were to win.

Now that you told me your dad is picking it up for you that is called a "Straw purchase" and is a serious no-no with the BATF. A licensed dealer cannot sell or transfer a firearm to an individual he/she knows is doing a 4473 and background check to get a gun for a person who may not eligible to get that firearm from a licensed dealer. If you dad entered the drawing and wins the lower for himself what he does with it once he owns it, (including gifting it to a child under 21) is his business and perfectly legal. Even if you are over 21 you still have to do the paperwork for your firearm if it is for you. A lower is considered a handgun by the BATF so everyone has to be very careful following the letter of the law. I am not singling you out, I am trying to clearify this area to the group in general.

If someone out of the area wins this drawing and would like me to forward the lower to their local FFL and pay the shipping I would be glad to do that for them. The winner has to pick this up from FFL but that FFL does not have to be me.

Last edited:

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    So can people from illinois put their name in the hat knowing full well that they will have to pay the transfer fee and shipping to a FFL dealer in illinois. If so please throw my name in. Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom