Drat, even reloading equipment is getting stoopid high...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Got online to pick up an old used powder measure. Yikes!

Glad I just WANTED one to have set on a particular load and don't really NEED one.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Just makes you want to throw in the towel on shooting all together. There comes a time where it isnt worth it anymore. Keep a gun for protection and dump the collection.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Just makes you want to throw in the towel on shooting all together. There comes a time where it isnt worth it anymore. Keep a gun for protection and dump the collection.

I totally understand, and I have had a hard time getting supplies too like .224 bullets. But I am pretty sure that is what they want or one of their tactics. I do think it will calm down. Maybe just hoping ....

Last edited:

Hakk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    indy
    i hope prices do go down aswell. i just got into it (bought an AR for 650$) like 2 weeks before everyone went crazy.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I totally understand, and I have had a hard time getting supplies too like .224 bullets. But I am pretty sure that is what they want or one of their tactics. I do think it will calm down. Maybe just hoping ....

Everglades has Montanna Gold 223 back in stock. Only $139/500;)

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    All of the major manufacturers are starting to get their stock back up to par. Once they get adequet stock they will be selling bullets at decent prices again. You can always check with Andrew or Josh at Profire Arms to see what they have in stock. Andrew has been making weekly trips to Grafs in Missouri to get supplies for the masses so check with him regularly. Also, do not loose faith! Things will get back to normal but you will have to give it time. The mass hysteria that was created has drained litterly everything, to put it in to perspective Magpul is back ordered 1 million pmags. So, be patient and things will correct themselves once again.

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I believe that as well. However I doubt prices will drop to anywhere near where they were. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

Blaspheme I say Blaspheme!! Just be a little patient, it was bad in 2008, couldn't find 9mm or .223 in stock. Reloading components were nonexistent. It settled out towards the end of the year but didn't fully ease up until 2009. Just got to wait it out again.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011

Don't give up, Sniper. That is exactly what the "antis" would love to see us do. Never, I say!!!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    From what I am made to believe, there will be shortages of certain components, and thus higher prices, for some time to come. It will probably be difficult to buy small rifle and small pistol primers for most of the 2013 calendar year.

When the insanity dies down, the bubble will burst and the market will be flooded with components at much more reasonable prices. Don't forget to vote out any libtards during the mid-term elections! ;)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Reloading always lags a bit behind factory ammo. Factory ammo prices go up, people turn to reloading. Factory ammo prices go down, not worth it to reload as much.

From what I've seen the markets have begun to stabilize a bit. They are still somewhat high, but not as bad as they were. I was selling factory .223 ammo on gunbroker for $1+/rd and people were paying it. Last week I couldn't sell it for $.75/rd. This week, be lucky to get $.65/rd. That's ok, at that price I'll just keep it.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Been down this road before. For those of us that have been reloading for years back in the mid 90's we went through this and have had it happen afew other times. Just hang in there it will get better.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    Broom, why do you think the primers will be more difficult than the bullets? I agree with you especially from what I am seeing right now, but why is it the primers? The one thing I didn't think I would be able to get was powder and it is available everywhere?!?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Broom, why do you think the primers will be more difficult than the bullets? I agree with you especially from what I am seeing right now, but why is it the primers? The one thing I didn't think I would be able to get was powder and it is available everywhere?!?

Well there are several bullet makers for every primer maker for starters. You can cast your own bullets too.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    Good point rg, I guess there are for the most part only four major sizes of primers for several different calibers of ammo, so it only makes sense. Thanks, and casting your own bullets was something I hadn't thought of. I have never tried that aspect of reloading, but it does look interesting.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009

All of the SP and SR primers are going to ammo producers, to meet the incredible demand for 9mm and 223 rounds. The report I read says they won't be caught up with back orders until late in 2013, which means finding those primers for reloading is going to be difficult.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    That makes perfect sense and without the primers all else is in vain. Ironically, I have always feared that and have loaded up on 223 brass, primers, bullets and powder but in my haste to get these items I did completely neglected my 9mm. As of right now I have about 600 sp primers and I will be out!!

Top Bottom