• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    1) Do you believe George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense?
    No, this was not self-defense. Given Zimmerman's public statements, this is not self-defense.

Zimmerman pursued Martin, provoking a response, and caused the confrontation. Zimmerman concludes by shooting Martin in the chest twice.

Some here have stated that Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head to the concrete. IF we believe Zimmerman's account,
    - Zimmerman could not handle the confrontation that he pursued
    - Zimmerman started getting beat up by Martin.
    - Zimmerman was getting his head bashed to the concrete

IF we believe Zimmerman's account, Zimmerman has reason to fight back, but that is not reason enough to believe he was in fear for his life, it is not reason enough to use lethal force, and it is not reason to shoot Martin in the chest, twice.

2) George is currently charged with second-degree murder. Do you believe he should be convicted?
    Yes. Zimmerman saw Martin, reporting Martin as a potential criminal, decided to be judge, jury, executioner of Martin. Zimmerman murdered Martin.

This was not about "the right to bear arms", or "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine" or "self defense".

Second amendment supporters and gun rights activists should not feel the need to run to support Zimmerman.
    The part in red would get you shot quick by most people. You punch me and continue to keep beating me, guess whats gonna happen? BANG, I was in fear for my life and I stopped the threat the fastest way that I could.

You even say he has the right to defend himself, but in the same sentence you are limiting the way in which he can, guess Z should have taken Judo, Karate, and MMA courses just in case he was getting whooped on by some one.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Zimmerman pursued Martin, provoking a response, and caused the confrontation. Zimmerman concludes by shooting Martin in the chest twice.
    Last I knew following or talking to someone does not warrant that person attempting to kill you, as all evidence points to. No evidence Zimmerman ever touched Martin according to the coroner along with every other piece of evidence.

IF we believe Zimmerman's account, Zimmerman has reason to fight back
    What world do you live in that you can try and kill someone because they are following you.

Yes. Zimmerman saw Martin, reporting Martin as a potential criminal, decided to be judge, jury, executioner of Martin.
    He decided to follow and report to the authorities. The judge, jury, executioner BS is a bunch of hyperbolie nonsense.

This was not about "the right to bear arms", or "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine" or "self defense".
    It most certainly was about self defense when Zimmerman was about to be killed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Let us assume he had all of this training, BUT the guy attacking had more training and was more effective, can he use deadly force then?

AT what point in time is it ok for someone to use deadly force? Can my 62 year old mother shoot some kid that is banging her head against the ground or should she just hope he quits beating her?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Let us assume he had all of this training, BUT the guy attacking had more training and was more effective, can he use deadly force then?
    If Bruce Lee was having his head bashed against the ground while mounted he could've shot the guy. :draw:

But that's not the point. Who initiated the violence. Talking and following, which both are questionable at the time of attack, do not warrant being attacked. Simple as that in my mind. What happened after that is perfectly legal IMO.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    1) Do you believe George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense?
    No, this was not self-defense. Given Zimmerman's public statements, this is not self-defense.

Some here have stated that Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head to the concrete. IF we believe Zimmerman's account,
    - Zimmerman could not handle the confrontation that he pursued
    - Zimmerman started getting beat up by Martin.
    - Zimmerman was getting his head bashed to the concrete

IF we believe Zimmerman's account, Zimmerman has reason to fight back, but that is not reason enough to believe he was in fear for his life, it is not reason enough to use lethal force, and it is not reason to shoot Martin in the chest, twice.

2) George is currently charged with second-degree murder. Do you believe he should be convicted?
    Yes. Zimmerman saw Martin, reporting Martin as a potential criminal, decided to be judge, jury, executioner of Martin. Zimmerman murdered Martin.

Second amendment supporters and gun rights activists should not feel the need to run to support Zimmerman.

No matter what else, if you do that to ME, you're either going to eat a bullet or a knife as your last meal. Whatever happens later, happens later.

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Last I knew following or talking to someone does not warrant that person attempting to kill you, as all evidence points to. No evidence Zimmerman ever touched Martin according to the coroner along with every other piece of evidence.

What world do you live in that you can try and kill someone because they are following you.

He decided to follow and report to the authorities. The judge, jury, executioner BS is a bunch of hyperbolie nonsense.

It most certainly was about self defense when Zimmerman was about to be killed.

I do not believe Martin was "attempting to kill" Zimmerman.(my opinion)
    I do not believe Zimmerman was "about to be killed".(my opinion)
    Zimmerman killed Martin (fact).

Self-Defense is not a reasonable position because Zimmerman pursued the confrontation.
    This has nothing to do with "self defense".

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Self-Defense is not a reasonable position because Zimmerman pursued the confrontation.
    If I hit you, you have a right to hit back. If I hit you and run away, and you chase and hit me, then you are the "attacker" since you would've initiated a new confrontation. All evidence points to the fact that Zimmerman was no longer following Treyvon(beyond a reasonable doubt). Therefore all we have proof of is that Zimmerman was getting his butt kicked and had every right to defend himself.

And if you cannot admit bashing someone's head repeatedly into the cement is deadly force("attempting to kill"), and thus warrants an equivalent response, than I know what I'm dealing with.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I do not believe Martin was "attempting to kill" Zimmerman.(my opinion)
    I do not believe Zimmerman was "about to be killed".(my opinion)
    Zimmerman killed Martin (fact).

Self-Defense is not a reasonable position because Zimmerman pursued the confrontation. (your opinion)
    This has nothing to do with "self defense". (your opinion)

You missed a couple, but I fixed it for ya'...

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    This has nothing to do with "self defense".

It did become SD when Martin made the unfortunate choice to attack Zimmerman.

The problem I have with Zimmerman is the fact that he witnessed no crime committed, he followed a young man because he looked suspicious, no other reason.

He initiated a confrontation with a man he eventually killed, one should expect to have legal issues after that.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    There was a story locally where on the 1st of this month, there was a bar fight. The fight isn't the point of my post. The point of my post is that the person that was punched was punched in the head, his injuries caused his death (he fell and hit the bar floor).

He initiated a confrontation with a man he eventually killed, one should expect to have legal issues after that.

He was a member of the neighborhood watch where break ins had happened. He had never seen Martin before and it was dark outside. What do you think if you see someone walking around at night you don't know.

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    If I hit you, you have a right to hit back. If I hit you and run away, and you chase and hit me, then you are the "attacker" since you would've initiated a new confrontation. All evidence points to the fact that Zimmerman was no longer following Treyvon(beyond a reasonable doubt). Therefore all we have proof of is that Zimmerman was getting his butt kicked and had every right to defend himself.

And if you cannot admit bashing someone's head repeatedly into the cement is deadly force("attempting to kill"), and thus warrants an equivalent response, than I know what I'm dealing with.

I disagree with you on your, first attack, run away, next attack, scenario. Sounds like BS. In the Martin/Zimmerman case, nobody knows the truth about 'who struck first'. It is known that Zimmerman pursued Martin.

I do not believe that Martin was "bashing someone's head repeatedly into the cement is deadly force("attempting to kill") " because of the amount of blood in post-confrontation photos of Zimmerman.

I can admit that an unprovoked attack, which gets to the point that the attacker is bashing the victims head to the concrete is an act of deadly force.

I do not believe that Martin was the attacker and Zimmerman the victim.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I disagree with you on your, first attack, run away, next attack, scenario. Sounds like BS. In the Martin/Zimmerman case, nobody knows the truth about 'who struck first'. It is known that Zimmerman pursued Martin..
    Well, that's how things work. Same reason you can shoot an intruder in your home but can't shoot him in the back after he leaves your home and is running away.

I do not believe that Martin was "bashing someone's head repeatedly into the cement is deadly force("attempting to kill") " because of the amount of blood in post-confrontation photos of Zimmerman. .
    I guess if you ignore the eye-witness testimony, the grass stains on the back of Zimmerman's clothes, his account of the incident to police that cooberate with his injuries, his screaming for help, the cut that required stitches on the back of his head, and the bullet trajectory cooberating his account... than you couldn't believe it. But why do you choose to ignore all of that? You seem to have an adjenda here. :dunno:

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    What do you think if you see someone walking around at night you don't know.

??
    There are all kinds of people walking at night.

If you were walking to your fathers house at night and you noticed someone following you what would you do?

I guarantee I would find out what his intentions were. I would not have acted in the manner Martin did, yet I would have become very aware of my safety if someone followed me to my dads.

Acting in the way Zimmerman did would have caused a confrontation with me. Most likely not a deadly one , but one none the less.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    1. it wasn't his fathers house, it was his fathers girl friend.

2. if I feel someone is following me. First thing I would do is try to get away. If I can't get away, I would ask them why they are following me. If I try to get away and they identify themselves as a PO, I would stop.

The big issue here is that the neighborhood that GZ lived in had been having a crime problem. To GZ, TM looked suspicious. He was armed not because of the crime problem, but because of some stray dogs. The police actually suggested that GZ and his wife get guns because of the stray dogs. The gun part was in the news.

Top Bottom