• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    bobzilla? I am not sure why you are attributing that quote to me???

I will ask again...why did he leave his vehicle???

He was in his right to protect himself, his actions were just very stupid.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Now that the Peterson trial is over the attention will be shifting back to Zimmerman until a more news worthy story comes to the front.
    Listening to the MSM is like listening to the EX explain why your divorce is your fault. What ever makes them look the best to fit their motives.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    No, that is NOT correct!
    The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that"! After asking if Z was following M and Z responding "yes"!
    That is NO WHERE close to an order to stop!

So you post that? Zimmerman admits to following Martin!

Where was it ever shown that he DID initiate the confrontation?

And then in the very next post you ask that!?

Many here have the same intellect as Zimmerman

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Still haven't heard of anything Zimmerman did to justifiably provoke deadly force being used against him.

I have not heard anyone say that Martin made a good choice either.

Zimmerman should never have left his vehicle, this never would have happened had he used better judgement.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So you post that? Zimmerman admits to following Martin!

And then in the very next post you ask that!?

Many here have the same intellect as Zimmerman

You are missing the Timeline here.. He followed Martin, the dispatcher told him he didnt need to do that(not ORDERED him not to BTW), then Z discussed with the Dispatcher where to meet the Police, THEN after he got off the phone with the Police, Martin confronted Z..

Reading the actual transcripts, rather than the Media's TAKE(editing) on the transcripts, might help..

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As much as I have no idea as to what really happened, he will be convicted to avert the riots that would follow lead by Jesse and Al, and maybe even Trayvon's father who didn't have him but if he did, would look like him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    George will most likely be convicted.

I hate it but probably true.

Doubtful, but like Martin, his dumb decisions have ruined his life. Martin just paid the higher price due to him being dumb enough to be a black male teen walking at night with a hoodie to his father's home.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Agreed.

But leaving his vehicle, following someone(doubtful if he was at the time of attack), or even verbally confronting someone(no evidence that he did) does not WARRANT DEADLY FORCE BEING USED AGAINST HIM.

I don't disagree. I just said he could have used better judgement. I am not condemning him as a murderer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I apologize if it was misleading. I just said he made one or more unwise decisions. No one deserves to have their head bashed against the concrete. Well, no one that comes readily to mind.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    No sane person can pretend to know enough to convict or exonerate based on the "evidence" that has been released by "anonymous" sources
    You really don't know anything about this case, do you?

The evidence was released by the Florida prosecutor's office pursuant to Florida law, not anonymous sources.

:rolleyes:

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    1) Do you believe George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense?
    No, this was not self-defense. Given Zimmerman's public statements, this is not self-defense.

Zimmerman pursued Martin, provoking a response, and caused the confrontation. Zimmerman concludes by shooting Martin in the chest twice.

Some here have stated that Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head to the concrete. IF we believe Zimmerman's account,
    - Zimmerman could not handle the confrontation that he pursued
    - Zimmerman started getting beat up by Martin.
    - Zimmerman was getting his head bashed to the concrete

IF we believe Zimmerman's account, Zimmerman has reason to fight back, but that is not reason enough to believe he was in fear for his life, it is not reason enough to use lethal force, and it is not reason to shoot Martin in the chest, twice.

2) George is currently charged with second-degree murder. Do you believe he should be convicted?
    Yes. Zimmerman saw Martin, reporting Martin as a potential criminal, decided to be judge, jury, executioner of Martin. Zimmerman murdered Martin.

This was not about "the right to bear arms", or "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine" or "self defense".

Second amendment supporters and gun rights activists should not feel the need to run to support Zimmerman.

Top Bottom