George will most likely be convicted.

I hate it but probably true.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I seen the photo posted on Dr. Phil's facebook page and it makes me want to scream. Why shouldn't you be able to carry it anywhere that you feel the need to.

561534_10151152136493909_1972962153_n.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, he made some decisions which were not wise. To some degree he placed himself in this situation. I do not believe he should be convicted but, as in many of these cases, he was his own worst enemy.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    This is correct.

There was no reason for him to initiate a confrontation with Martin.
    What did he do to deserve the beat-down that he got(broken nose, straddled and got his head bashed into the concrete requiring stitches) ?

Unless you have valid proof as to what happened before the beatdown, than you can't say he "initiated" anything warranting a beatdown.

Merely following ,talking to, or verbally confronting someone is not justification for them to physically assault and attempt to kill you by bashing your head against the pavement.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What did he do to deserve the beat-down that he got(broken nose, straddled and got his head bashed into the concrete requiring stitches) ?

Unless you have valid proof as to what happened before the beatdown, than you can't say he "initiated" anything warranting a beatdown.

Merely following ,talking to, or verbally confronting someone is not justification for them to physically assault and attempt to kill you by bashing your head against the pavement.

I simply stated that he made a bad decision. That is not to infer that he deserved anything. My opinion is that once dispatch told him not to pursue he probably was unwise to do so. I still believe he is not guilty.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ah yes, here we are ridiculing Dr phils soccer mom audience since they are willing to convict without knowing all of the details, yet some of us are willing to convict/release him without all of those same details.

No sane person can pretend to know enough to convict or exonerate based on the "evidence" that has been released by "anonymous" sources, or doctored 911 tapes, or "witnesses" that didn't see anything.

No reasonable person could be faulted for convicting AND clearing based on all of the B.S. evidence floating around the 'net or the MSM. Based on one days "evidence" it's easy to convict, and based on another days "evidence" it's easy to clear.

When we vote on Phils poll, are we voting based on all of the facts, or the fact that "he's a gunowner, I have to stand up for our rights"? Or "he's a gunowner, therefore he's bad"?

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I went to the site, but I will admit, I REFUSE to vote either way... To 'vote' one way or another is to be taking the same "public opinion poll" that everyone else that we revile do. That is to pass judgment BEFORE the trial... In that regard, to vote to convict or not to convict is not only irrelevant, but is also playing the same game...

I will not play the conviction in the "Court of Public Opinion" game. If it had been a survey of anything along the lines of Do you favor ..... as it relates to Gun Control, fine, but to VOTE on whether a person is to be CONVICTED or not, is just doing the same thing the Brady Bunch does that we so detest...

Top Bottom