• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I thought this info would be of interest to some of you. As most of you know the Hest Fixed blade will no longer be manufactured by ESEE. DPx Gear has taken over the responsibilities of manufacturing and distribution of this knife.

The DPx HEST Fixed Blade
    The 1095 steel blade that started it all will be made by Mike Fuller of TOPS knives. Mike is a well known builder and other than a few tweaks to improve the breed (new wire stripper jimping, stronger pry bar and hex hole), the original HEST will be going strong. In the works is a extra heavy duty chisel point version that should do very well based on the input of customers.

Dpx Gear will be introducing a new knife later this summer (The DPx HEAT). It is basically a baby version of the HEST Folder. I have prototype pics of the HEAT straight from RYP but I had to promise that I wouldn't share them at this time. Trust me this knife looks awesome and as soon as RYP gives me permission to publish them on a public forum, I will share them with you.

The DPx HEAT®.
    The HEAT will have Sliepner Steel (some say this is the sharpest in the world), the same stone washed Titanium alloy frame, patented rotoblock and Lion Steel quality as the HEST Folder but with a slightly lower price point and more compact dimensions. The scale material will be a carbon fiber and G10 mix with 3D work to round the edges.

I hope this info is interesting to all of you.
    Brad

spencepb2x

Plinker
    Jun 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I recently bought the ESEE HEST off you guys at the 1500, and love it, I would love to see what tops is going to do with it though. Let me know when you have any information on a possible release for this. Also side note, I am really looking forward to buying the Becker "Tweener" or whatever he is calling it. You can get me here or Sheila has my number, or stfetter@gmail.com,

thanks,
    Spencer

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    so your gonna be carrying these again?

NO!! I won't do business with DPX (RYP). I think DPX may be in trouble....they were practically giving away the HEST Folders at the blade show...well below what was suppose to be wholesale price let alone what retail price was when they came out late last year. I feel sorry for the people that shelled out $175 for the regular models and $250 for the limited addition serialized models when they were released.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    NO!! I won't do business with DPX (RYP). I think DPX may be in trouble....they were practically giving away the HEST Folders at the blade show...well below what was suppose to be wholesale price let alone what retail price was when they came out late last year. I feel sorry for the people that shelled out $175 for the regular models and $250 for the limited addition serialized models when they were released.

Just out of curiosity, what were they going for? Even amidst the controversy swirling around that project, I still have a minor interest in the knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Just out of curiosity, what were they going for? Even amidst the controversy swirling around that project, I still have a minor interest in the knife.

If I remember right, you could have bought a regular production run HEST Folder for $120.00 at the Blade Show (this was straight from DPX and not some dealer trying to blow out inventory). This is an example of why I won't do business with DPX. When I first signed up to become a dealer with DPX, it was my understanding that prices were going to be "protected" for the dealers (every dealer pays the same) and dealers were suppose to sell at at the same price or they would lose their contract with DPX.

Top Bottom