• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    all about the personal preference, I have a few Colts pre/post ban and will never get rid of them. Ive built both a Rock River and Bushmaster leaning towards a Spike build next. Sorry cant give any input on the DPMS, but know for a fact you wont be disappointed with a Colt.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I personally am a big fan of LMT. You can walk into Elmores and pick up a complete lower for 400 and a complete upper for 600 and walk out the door without paying the jacked up firearms tax on the upper. Mine runs like a champ.

Best,

Joe

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    and your money does NOT go further with DPMS. the Colt is more expensive and the DPMS offers the same features....but as upgrades. Once that is factored in, the DPMS is not nearly as attractive. the Colt 6920 is built (fairly closely) to the TDP of the M4 Carbine.

ummmm.... now explain to me the diffrenece between these two and what would need to be done to the DPMS to get it optioned out like the 6920 you mentioned. Not talking quality, thats a relative term. I'm talking dollar for dollar, option for option.

Colt Defense LE6920 M4 Carbine .223 for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $1,249.00

DPMS RFA2AP4A PTHR AP4 CAR 223 FLD for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $834.00

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    2 things i can name off the top of my head is chrome lined bore and inferior barrel steel. dpms uses 4140 instead of the better 4150.

the colt uses a mil-spec buffer. DPMS does NOT do HPT or MPI on their bolts. the chances of getting an improperly staked key is much much higher with DPMS. DPMS also had an issue not too long ago with putting .223 barrels on guns that were marked as 5.56. out-of-spec lowers and incomplete LPKs happen way too much.

the usual complaint about colt seems to be the price and the occasional swirls/machining marks, which is cosmetic. yes, colts can fail. but other rifles appear to fail a lot more often.

i'm noy saying a DPMS won't work out great. all i'm saying is that is completely false that a DPMS and a Colt/DD/KAC, etc are equal. they are most definitely not. oh a Colt 6920 can be had for $1100 new if you know where to look.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom