• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    AR'S LOWERS ARE THE SAME BUT WHO'S NAME IS ON THEM,ALL PART'S WORK IN ALL OF THEM LIKE DPMS,BUSHMASTER,RRA,AND SO ON.90% OF THE TIME ITS BAD AMMO OR A BAD SPRING THAT MAKE'S THEN NOT WORK.
    AND THAT'S MY 2 CENT'S ON THAT.

:n00b:

Word to the wise. Never take advice from someone who types in all caps.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    i find it funny ....:rolleyes: how some are so eager .....the blame the weapon when 98% of the time with most AR weapon systems the problem is type of ammo or magazine issues.....i have seen PSA ,Spike's,dpms all of them have issue with people shooting cheap ammo or foreign ammo and blame the weapon .....your weapon is as only as good as the ammo you use for it......:ar15:

I've run nothing but steel case for practice and 193 for matches and have never had an issue through my bcm. PMAGs make magazine issues a thing of the past. Quality AR-15s will eat almost anything you throw at them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I've had a couple ARs before and I'll probably get one again and I'll probably get a DPMS. Why? Because I'm not tactical. I'm a freaking insurance adjuster. What am I going to do, clear each room on my way to the fax machine? Throw a flashbang in the underwriter's office? Do a tactical reload while calculating recoverable depreciation? I have a buddy who's going through his "tactical" phase right now and is buying equipment like he's a on the boat to Afghanistan next month when his business is running his bar and his website. I will probably never put enough rounds through an AR in a lifetime to break a sweat much less break a decently built AR. Even if the S does hit the fan I'm realistically probably going to fire less rounds than a weekend warrior's Saturday afternoon practice session. So rock your cheaparse AR and spend the difference on a higher quality carry pistol (which will you be carrying 99% of the time?). Chances are you're probably going to shoot it less than even me. Lol

Why buy a dpms when better guns are available for less money?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Tim for what you're going to do with it a DPMS would suit your needs just fine. Especially if you're going to use low pressure plinking ammo, which basically that's what those guns are set up for. You shouldn't have any problems, and if you do a parts swap would likely get you going pretty quick.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Heck, I wish I had a flashbang to throw at anybody. I have been sitting in front of the TV watching the playoffs while installing the carry handle, optic (weaver) rail and Aimpoint on the DPMS that I let live in my son in-law's safe. Went outside at the half and used the bore laser to get the Aimpoint and the Hellfire laser dialed in. I checked my hot rod M&P that sports the very same equipment. We shot the snot out of both these guns. I have had issues with the DPMS but it is now full of the parts from my M&P. Runs great.
    Go Ravens.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I've got two Bushies (one is a Remington R15) that do everything 100% as well as my "higer end" Spikes and others. In fact, the Rem/Bushmaster R15 is easily the most accurate.

I think people would be surprised as to how many parts are made EXACTLY the same way or even by the same suppliers on rifles whose prices vary by as much as $2000.
    I'll agree parts are parts...

The problem is in the assembly of those said parts, and how well they are inspected... ;)

Top Bottom