• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are they attending a "prep" academy or a "perp" academy?

With the rise of charter schools and such, the term "academy" doesn't mean what it used to to. It's now grossly misused in an attempt to better a school's image and improve students' test scores (attending a prep academy makes a student feel better, hence do better).

That video is scary. They're like piranha, swimming around, anxious and wait. Then one takes a nibble and the rest smell the blood and the feeding frenzy is on.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Yeah, what "academy" is located in a neighborhood that has bars on windows and cages around air-conditioners?

Lots of them... charter schools/academies can be pretty good profit centers for 'community' minded businessmen who know how to work the system and get $X,XXX per enrolled student from fed & state taxpayers.

Hindsight's 20/20 but in this instance the vic could of wound up in a whole lot more 'pain and suffering' (i.e. hell-- and potential legal fees-- to pay) if he had drawn his sidearm and used it effectively; then again in a hypothetical similar circumstance by not using it he could of wound up hospitalized, crippled, or dead.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    If that would have been me being beat on several mothers would be planning funeral right now for their thug kids. No joke.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    There are many here, including myself, in most cases who would argue that firing a shot in the air is a stupid idea, but in this case it might have been appropriate. Firing a shot and then point your gun at the ring leader would cool things off real fast. He is a better man than I for showing such restraint.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I feel he would have been justified in using his weapon in this situation. Dozens of attackers and he's got a 3 month old baby in the car, that seems like a deadly situation to me. I would guess the rest would have scattered after a couple of gunshots, but who knows.
    ^This^ Disparity of force is a justification. He was outnumbered and set upon by a group intending potentially serious bodily harm.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I lived in Memphis for 35 years, parents are still there. Memphis is big time corrupt all the way down to and including the charter schools. This took place not too far from the Kroger where the group attacked the people last year.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    There are many here, including myself, in most cases who would argue that firing a shot in the air is a stupid idea, but in this case it might have been appropriate. Firing a shot and then point your gun at the ring leader would cool things off real fast. He is a better man than I for showing such restraint.
    Great idea so then that round can land in a innocent persons car and your charged with manslaughter If you feel that you need to pull a weapon and shoot it better be at a person that is causing the problem.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    They are feral youth!....no different than a pack of wild dogs.
    If deadly force use isn't justified in a mob attack like this, I don't where it would be.
    I would agree, however as to not saying anything to antagonize the mob. There was valor in walking the lady to her car, past that, he kind of left the discretion part out.
    It's fortunate he wasn't hurt worse than he was.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There is risk in everything. I would have said shoot into the ground but he was on pavement. He is lucky to be alive.

I think that Wil Wheaton did it right here, aside from the obvious Hollywood mistakes of cocking an already cocked 1911 and shooting into the air.
    Warning: NSFW language

[video=youtube;4aI9-g_n_OE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aI9-g_n_OE[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are feral youth!....no different than a pack of wild dogs.
    If deadly force use isn't justified in a mob attack like this, I don't where it would be.
    I would agree, however as to not saying anything to antagonize the mob. There was valor in walking the lady to her car, past that, he kind of left the discretion part out.
    It's fortunate he wasn't hurt worse than he was.

As I see this in my mind I see a man of color telling the young of his culture to act properly. They responded by showing him they did not have a freaking clue what the meaning of that word meant.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think that Wil Wheaton did it right here, aside from the obvious Hollywood mistakes of cocking an already cocked 1911 and shooting into the air.

Damn, I forgot that was Wil Wheaton was in that. Those kids were all so freakin good in that movie.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm guessing these are the "time out" kids.

Nope. These are kids with no loving discipline growing up.

As to shooting... I'm not sure I'd have enough time to draw and fire (definitely not from my supertuck). And if I did hit one, would another be on me wrestling my gun away? What if the mob didn't run away? There's no way I'd be able to control my side arm with two or three trying to grab it (and punching and kicking...).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Several shots would have been fired. Several parents would have been on t.v. talking about their "good" children. Several people would have shouted racist. Several "good kids" would have been laying dead on the pavement!

Top Bottom