• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I'm to old to fight anymore and arthritis makes it so I can't run, glad I can still shoot the wings off a gnat's @$$ at 50 yards :D

Last edited:

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Nope. These are kids with no loving discipline growing up.

As to shooting... I'm not sure I'd have enough time to draw and fire (definitely not from my supertuck). And if I did hit one, would another be on me wrestling my gun away? What if the mob didn't run away? There's no way I'd be able to control my side arm with two or three trying to grab it (and punching and kicking...).

I agree with this completely. A couple things:

He could have drawn after the first punch, but he was surrounded, and pulling on the kid that hit him would have put the entire group at his back.
    With the amount of teens that rushed him, that could have gotten much, much worse if he had drawn and fired. 'Man slays teen(s) before being shot with own weapon'
    The punks could have scattered after a couple shots, but what if they pulled their own weapon?

No one knows how they would react when actually put in that situation, and don't have a clue what I would do. Situational awareness is a great practice, sure, but I feel like the best course of action would have been to get the lady to her car, take care of your baby, and go about your day...The kids that are hanging around harassing an old lady didn't listen to their parents (or whatever parental figure they may or may not have had) they sure aren't going to be listening to some random guy at a gas station. Yes they need to be corrected, but nothing about that situation makes it seem like that was the best time or place to handle it.

Top Bottom