• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    4. If the position of Senator deserves no more respect than the winning of a popularity contest, then do not call yourself a Constitutionalist nor talk about respecting the Constitution today. You obviously do not respect it in the real world.

Horsecrap. As a Constitutionalist, I bear firmly in mind that those Senators work for ME. As a result, they need to be calling me "Sir," thank you very much, since they are my eimployees.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would rather risk my career and show that I have a set of balls than to cower to a worthless power hungry bitch.

INGunGuy

For the General to have behaved any way other than what he did would have been unprofessional. He was polite and respectful before she unleashed her inner bitch, he was polite and respectful afterwards. IOW... he was somewhat more adult, professional, and deserving of respect than Ms. Boxer.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I think most of America will see it for what it is... the General was being extremely polite while the "senator" came off as... well... insecure and needy.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    update

Hope it follows her forever:

Boxer's opponents capitalize on 'ma'am' exchange - Yahoo! News

Republicans Carly Fiorina and Chuck Devore are trying to capitalize on the exchange by making it a key ingredient of their fundraising efforts and attempts to recruit grassroots support. Both campaigns say the video revs up a GOP base that already has long-standing animosity toward Boxer, among the most liberal members of the Senate.

The campaign of state Assemblyman Chuck DeVore juxtaposed the Boxer clip with an Austin Powers movie frame showing the Dr. Evil character upbraiding those who dare refer to him as "Mr. Evil." The 30-second video has generated more than 108,000 clicks on YouTube. It's been one of the campaign's most popular tools for reaching out to potential supporters.

Can't look up the Dr. Evil video right now but I'll bet it's funny!:):

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I was always under the impression that the word "ma'am" used in military "lingo" was used out of respect for a lady who is of higher rank than the person addressing them,if you are of lower rank you are addressed by your rank. she was acting like he was being disrespectful while in his mind he was showing the utmost respect. yes she is a senator and should be addressed as such by the "average joe" but she should be happy that a GENERAL has enough respect to address her as ma'am!
    Yeah, that's more or less correct. I was active duty when this occurred, so she was ma'am to me, and I refrained from comment.

"ma'am" is a euphemism in this case, I'm sure. It was the only clean word he could think of at the time.

I'd like to hear General Mattis talk to her. He's known for his...um...tact.

Top Bottom