• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Boxer, the U.S. Senator, Chides Brigadier General for Calling Her 'Ma'am' - Political News - FOXNews.com

Apparently Barbara Boxer doesn't like being called "ma'am" by a Brigadier General she decided to call him on it during a hearing. She wants to be called "Senator". "It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you,"

Yeah...hard work...something. It takes a lot of time and effort to lie to the american public and remain in office....that or money......or connections.......

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    yes Ma'am, sorry Ma'am, Won't do it again Ma'am, oh BTW, Ma'am, suck e'm... oh and the next correction will be King Obama, Mr. presodent just won't do, how ever I perfer, ah never mind, it gone.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I don't understand. Aren't femenists proud to be women? So the fact that she's a senator makes her better than a woman? Or not a woman? Or being called ma'am is derogatory, or degrading, or demeaing, or what?

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I'm sure that the General worked a hell of a lot harder to get his rank then she did. He actually had to work for that rank. All she did was make a bunch of promises she knew damn well she couldn't or wouldn't keep.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Senator, prostitute. Whats the difference?

Prostitutes are honest about what they do for a living. Senators aren't.

Like I said, prostitution is honest work -- providing a valued service for a fee. Politics is pretending to be a "public servant" while working every day to be the public's master.

ABN82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    It's the power! I have authority over you and I will exercise it over you! What got me was how quickly he responded. I would given a good 5 second delay before responding.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You all hammer politicians who do not salute properly and give their military soldiers proper respect. The street is two ways. She is a Senator and deserves as such to be addressed as such.

Now, that could have been passed along with tact and decorum, but the I see nothing wrong with the request for title itself.

Personally, I require my children's friends to call me by Mr. and my last name. My children call me Daddy. None of them get to call me by my first name. Why? Not because I am some power mad jerk, but because it teaches respect for parents and parenting. I am nearly alone in carrying the tradition, but I do it none-the-less and it drives some of my friends batty. Too bad.

That's kinda how I see this. Like her or not, the position of Senator is one of the highest in this nation and if we are to survive as a Republic, we need to treat it with respect. Even when it drives us batty.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    You all hammer politicians who do not salute properly and give their military soldiers proper respect. The street is two ways. She is a Senator and deserves as such to be addressed as such.

Now, that could have been passed along with tact and decorum, but the I see nothing wrong with the request for title itself.

Personally, I require my children's friends to call me by Mr. and my last name. My children call me Daddy. None of them get to call me by my first name. Why? Not because I am some power mad jerk, but because it teaches respect for parents and parenting. I am nearly alone in carrying the tradition, but I do it none-the-less and it drives some of my friends batty. Too bad.

That's kinda how I see this. Like her or not, the position of Senator is one of the highest in this nation and if we are to survive as a Republic, we need to treat it with respect. Even when it drives us batty.

IMHO, an ELECTED position has no "right to respect" the General that she belittled deserves MUCH MORE respect than she does. Our elected officials work for us, the last time I checked. I am so sick and tired of our elected officials demanding respect. Well to them I say F off!

INGunGuy

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Respectfully, Mr. Techres (if that is your real name ;)), I disagree. The political class wants to be venerated for their power, rather than the way they use it. I'm more than willing to give the nod to a person who's earned some high honor, but getting elected should be no more laudable than getting a job.

Besides, one of our founding tenets in this country was the abandonment of the concept of nobles vs. commoners. Our constitution expressly forbids the issuance of titles of nobility, and our congresspeople nowadays seem hell-bent on turning their offices into just that. "Respect the Senator because she is Senator" sounds an awful lot like "bow to the King because he is King". I'd rather respect people for what they do or who they are, rather than for what they are or what office they hold.

And I don't see that as invalidating your insistence on being called Mr. Techres. I'll call the Senator Mrs. Boxer if she likes, and I find "ma'am" to be a perfectly respectful appellation. I think most people would. But reverting to titles just because someone's won a popularity contest? I didn't call my high school class president by her title either. Her name was Karen, and she was fine with it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom