• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In a futile attempt to get this thread, back on track…

To piggyback on what my counterparts have already posted, the report button is incredibly helpful. It is anonymous. If you push it, what’s the worst thing that will happen? The mods will reject it and go on about our business. I can tell you from my almost 2 years on staff, these will be handled in a professional manner.

I now return you to the threadjack already in progress.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Snitches and tattle tails?

That makes using the report button more enticing. :n00b:

Maybe a better explanation is whether the questionable content reflects well or poorly on Indiana Gun Owners?

Does the questionable content encourage more forum participation or does it run folks off?

Does the questionable content promote a clic type handful of "thick skinned" over the average google searcher looking for information on Indiana firearm related info?

Is the questionable content a benefit to our members using the classifieds section or does it make other sites seem like the way to go for trading?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You guys have talked me into reporting obvious issues in the classified. Shenanigans elsewhere... not so much. I figure if I get offended by something, that is my problem.
    Yeah, I have always thought that I am in control of whether I am offended or not. People don't offend me; I allow myself to be offended. And that just doesn't happen to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I have always thought that I am in control of whether I am offended or not. People don't offend me; I allow myself to be offended. And that just doesn't happen to me.
    Funny thing, is the vast majority of the reports aren't for personally offensive stuff. Most users are able to keep their knickers un-twisted when somebody posts something contrary to their views (but still between the ditches). Thankfully.
    Our top 3 I'd say are:
    -Runners*
    -Classified rule 7, or somebody forgot a photo or price.
    -trying to sell outside the classifieds

*we'd appreciate a report on a runner before you point them out in the runner thread. Just report 1 post and let us know its a runner. We can find the rest with two clicks. (you dont need to report all the one liners)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Funny thing, is the vast majority of the reports aren't for personally offensive stuff. Most users are able to keep their knickers un-twisted when somebody posts something contrary to their views (but still between the ditches). Thankfully.
    Our top 3 I'd say are:
    -Runners*
    -Classified rule 7, or somebody forgot a photo or price.
    -trying to sell outside the classifieds

*we'd appreciate a report on a runner before you point them out in the runner thread. Just report 1 post and let us know its a runner. We can find the rest with two clicks. (you dont need to report all the one liners)
    Interesting. The times I notified a mod in the past were for runners.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    did someone say Pineapple?

View attachment 255676
    Blake Shelton Button GIF by The Voice (GIF Image)

Top Bottom